Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Does my sugar glider hate me?
Behavior
Oct 28 2015
09:57:15 PM
I've had my sugie for about a month and I adore him he just doesn't adore me. He will jump all over me in tent time but he doesn't really want me to touch him. (He will crab in his pouch sometimes as well) He will sniff me and bite down hard no matter where he is sniffing (sock, finger, ear, leg). It a frustrating because I'm tired of being bitten. He is a turd lol He has been or,the vet he is healthy he just bites every chance he gets (he doesnt crab when he does) I don't react other than making a "tsk" sound.
I am severly frustrated and tired of being bitten! Any suggestions????
Behavior
Oct 29 2015
11:06:04 AM
Bossihamham Glider Visit Bossihamham's Photo Album Bossihamham's Journal 195 Posts
It's only been a month. Your glider is probably still afraid of you. It can take many months for a glider to bond to you and trust you. Most gliders don't like to be picked up, imagine what your hands look like to him. It looks like a bird claw. Make sure you aren't wearing any type of perfume or scented soap. He might think that you smell like food. Try to push him away when he tries to bite. Also look into getting him a friend he may be frustrated and stressed out from not having a buddy.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders