Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Not Eating
Not Eating
Food, Diet
Oct 29 2015
10:48:23 AM
My baby Buzz hasn't been eating for the past two days or so and it has me really concerned. I've only had him for about two weeks. His previous owner was a close friend of mine who was scammed by Pocket Pets and ended up not having he the time to take care of Buzz. I just took him to the vet yesterday and she said he looks fine aside from some worms, which I am currently treating. I'm going to start him on the bml sometime this week but I've been extremely worried because he's been refusing to eat anything besides treats and honey. I've been doing my best to feed him since I've had him. I usually do a mix of sweet potato, boiled egg, chicken, mixed grains, fruits, and vegetables and he would pretty much finish his plate for the first week and a half. Then about 2 or 3 days ago he only ate his sweet potatoes, and then last night he didn't eat anything.
I feel like it may be stress from the vet or because he's alone but I don't know what to do about it. I want to get him a friend as soon as possible, I just won't be able to afford it for a while still but I want to do my best by him and make him happy.
Food, Diet
Oct 29 2015
11:00:37 AM
Bossihamham Glider Visit Bossihamham's Photo Album Bossihamham's Journal 195 Posts
Don't let him fill up on treats. He may just be too full to eat the good food. Try finding someone giving away a glider, so you won't have to pay for one. You also don't need the grains. Until you get the bml just give him fruits, egg, and veggies. If he continue to not eat anything you are going to have to take him to a vet.
Food, Diet
Oct 29 2015
02:28:32 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
The parasites or the medication to treat them may also be affecting his appetite. It will probably pick up once he has finished the medications.

Stick with either baby food chicken or egg (hard boiled or scrambled) for protein along with fruits and vegetables until you get the ingredients to prepare the BML.

Once you are feeding BML - be sure to follow the directions and feed only frozen mixed vegetables each night and your choice fruit from those allowed on this feeding plan. (apples, grapes, watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, frozen pitted cherries, blueberries)

Here is the link for the full instructions for BML - Bourbon's Modified Leadbeaters.

http://www.bmldiet.com/bml-recipe.html
Food, Diet
Oct 29 2015
04:42:57 PM
larissap1215 Starting Member Visit larissap1215's Photo Album USA 6 Posts
I bought the ingredients for the BML so I'm going to try to start him up on it today. And no more treats until he starts eating regularly again. I've been doing things as I've been able to. The next step is a bigger cage and more toys and then I'll look into getting him a buddy. I'll see how the next few nights go. Thank you all for your advice!
Not Eating

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Not Eating