Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Grumpygills the glider
Grumpygills the glider
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Oct 29 2015
12:11:29 PM
I have a pair of gliders, male and female. The male I got at about 6 months, the female at 3 years. The female was a breeder and the male just a family pet. The male is a bit spastic and "wild"; female is more docile. She doesn't like being handled but she tolerates petting just fine.

They had babies !

One of them is similar to mom - allows petting - ok with being held. The other we call grumpygills. He crabs like crazy if you get near him and he runs around like a maniac when we let him out and we spend at least 15 minutes trying to get him back in his cage. He does ok when we leave the pouch and let him walk his own way in. He also will cause all other gliders to crab when he starts and he also will occasionally bark in the middle of the night while in his cage or the pouch with other gliders. He really isn't as social as the rest and always comes out for food last but he does eat, just not as voraciously as my others. Any one have any experience with this?

Thanks!
Kaitlin
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Nov 02 2015
09:10:20 PM
sugargliderisatasteymeal Glider Visit sugargliderisatasteymeal's Photo Album 87 Posts
no but ill bump the thread
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Nov 03 2015
04:08:46 AM
Kferg Face Hugger Visit Kferg's Photo Album 624 Posts
My sixth glider was somewhat similar to what you're describing. I viewed his personality as the most scared or nervous, which meant he needed a lot of patience and for me to give him the time he needed to become comfortable. I made sure to always play with him in a tent so I wouldn't have to ever chase him (and make him even more nervous) and always had his favorite pouch and some treats ready for him when I needed to get him back in the cage. I've had him about nine months and he's still a bit skittish but also came a long way!
Grumpygills the glider

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Grumpygills the glider