Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
My 19 day old joey. Help plz?
Food, Diet
Nov 01 2015
10:59:38 AM
Ive been feeding my new addition (willow) every 4 hrs a mixture tht the vet told me to feed her and i stupidly forgot to ask how long i need to hand feed her? Shes 19 days old n doing great, gaining weight an all, at 1st the parents only neglected her at night n now thy are starting to during the day, n like i said i didnt ask how long to keep hand feeding her, we r 1st time parents to suggies...plus im starting to worry about willow during the day now, should i just make her her own little cage n take care of her or keep trying to put her with parents during the day n see what happens? Thy do not bite her etc just basically neglect her, so can someone plz help me with this? She very active for a 19 day old suggie n luvs up to me n my husband wen we hold her n im feeding her. Ty in advance
Food, Diet
Nov 01 2015
06:21:21 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
If mom is not letting her nurse - they you will need to continue to feed her until she is about 6 weeks OOP - and able to drink the formula on her own. At 6 weeks OOP most joeys are beginning to eat the same foods as their parents while gradually nursing less often until they are fully weaned about 7 or 8 weeks OOP.

Read the information on this web page about care of rejected joeys.

http://www.suzsugargliders.com/educationalarticles.htm

Food, Diet
Nov 01 2015
06:31:53 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
Now I am confused - In another post on Oct 27 you said she was 4 weeks OOP - now you say 19 days.

How old is she? If you are not sure which day she was OOP you can count back 10 days from the day she opened her eyes to get a good estimation of her OOP date.

Her age will determine the amount you need to feed her and the frequency of the feedings. It will also determine how much longer you will need to hand feed her.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders