Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
LGRS suggie soup confusion
Food, Diet
Nov 06 2015
06:59:00 PM
So I was looking at switching my baby's diet from the Pricilla Price diet to the LGRS suggie soup. I have been researching all about the diet and even pulled up the bee pollen and dehydrated fly pupa on amazon So I have been reading all about the Calcium to phosphorus ratios of different fruits and veggies and lets just say my head is currently spinning#128517; I also found a page that gave an example feeding plan for the suggie soup giving suggestions for the fruit and veggie mix nightly. I read on the lucky glider page and it says that as long as I include the calcium fortified orange juice I don't have to get the ratios correct but I can still add about 1/8 teaspoon of calcium to compensate. I'm still very confused....does anyone on here feed the LGRS suggie soup or know about calcium:phosphorus ratio enough to explain it to me(lol!)? Recommendations on the nightly fruit veggie mix would be helpful
Thanks!:)
Food, Diet
Nov 08 2015
03:38:02 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
here are the specific instructions for the Lucky Glider Suggie Soup feeding plan

http://files.meetup.com/768852/LGRSSuggieSoup.pdf

The best source of information on this diet would be Ed or Gail Margules (screen name Lucky glider). You can probably post your questions on their face book page:

http://www.meetup.com/luckygliderrescue/
Food, Diet
Nov 08 2015
07:27:51 PM
kiwi3435 Face Hugger Visit kiwi3435's Photo Album kiwi3435's Journal FL, USA 687 Posts
Ok thanks candy I was also reading about your feeding plan on your website and for the nightly fruits and veggies to go along with the mix, do the ratios have to be correct or can it just be any fruit or veggie?
Thanks

Edited by - kiwi3435 on Nov 08 2015 07:33:27 PM
Food, Diet
Nov 08 2015
10:50:56 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
With the GliderKids Staples you can choose any pair of fruits and vegetables to feed each night. The staple contains a moderate amount of calcium supplement - enough to cover an average amount of phosphorus from the fruits and vegetables and still have the entire feeding between 1.5 and 1.7 calcium to phosphorus ratio.

The key is offering a wide variety of fruits and vegetables each week. My gliders get a different pair of fruit and vegetable each night so they get at least 7 different fruits and vegetables each week.
Food, Diet
Nov 09 2015
04:32:51 PM
kiwi3435 Face Hugger Visit kiwi3435's Photo Album kiwi3435's Journal FL, USA 687 Posts
Thanks so much candy!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders