Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Something wrong with glider I think in his mouth
Health related
Nov 10 2015
05:02:02 PM
My glider as been very lazy the last few days as of today he won't close his mouth and he is making a hard swallow noise as he try's to sleep as of today. What do I do?
Health related
Nov 10 2015
06:03:34 PM
Tanyaj Starting Member 3 Posts
Now he can't walk his legs are sprawled out flat and he is trying to sort of crawl along. I have no idea what to do to help?
Health related
Nov 10 2015
07:10:16 PM
Kferg Face Hugger Visit Kferg's Photo Album 624 Posts
Get him to a vet ASAP. An emergency vet if possible. Don't wait. It sounds like your glider is in serious distress. I truly hope you make it to the vet in time!

Edited by - Kferg on Nov 10 2015 07:17:59 PM
Health related
Nov 10 2015
09:11:18 PM
Tanyaj Starting Member 3 Posts
The vet can't see him till tom afternoon is there anything I can do, he isn't doing well at all
Health related
Nov 10 2015
10:05:03 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
You need to keep him warm, and get some fluids into him ASAP !!! Wrap him in fleece

Mix Orange gaterade and water a 50 50 mix you may need an eye dropper or feeding syringe hell even a drinking straw with a little at the bottom if you have to to get him to take some liquid. If you have pedialite you can use that instead of gaterade

You are going to have to keep giving him liquids and keep him warm next to your skin if you have to.

Do NOT just leave him in the cage you will need to try to keep him alive through the night,

What do you feed him? whens the last time he ate? where are you located ?

messaging on here takes forever I will be up for a little bit if you have facebook message me on there and I'll try to get you some help https://www.facebook.com/carla.sloan.1

Your objective right now is to try to keep him alive until you can get him to a vet right now he probably has a 20% chance of survival YOU NEED TO ACT NOW

Edited by - Leela on Nov 10 2015 10:15:02 PM

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders