Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Other pets
Other pets
Question
Nov 25 2015
10:58:34 PM
Hey I was just seeing if anyone here had any other pets? Especially if any of them interacted with your glider. My boyfriend is getting his apartment and has my dog with him and I would like to see if other people have had experience with interacting the two
Question
Nov 26 2015
01:25:37 AM
Animallover7 Glider Visit Animallover7's Photo Album 62 Posts
I have a dog and a cat. My cats a huge hunter so I don't allow him in my room. My dog is fat and lazy and enjoys them so I let him sometimes come in my room and watch them. My gliders most of the time crab at him so he gets scared, but sometimes they like to take a good look at him and let him smell them. Haven't really let them interact though.i rather be safe than sorry.
Information
Nov 26 2015
08:01:11 AM
kiwi3435 Face Hugger Visit kiwi3435's Photo Album kiwi3435's Journal FL, USA 687 Posts
My glider just lunges and crabs at my dog through the cage......although I've heard of people that have gliders and dogs safely interact, but I think intros would have to b done at a young age
Question
Nov 26 2015
10:28:38 AM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
Even if your gliders get along fine with other pets, the natural predatory instinct remains in all dogs and cats to some extent. Sometimes a glider's movement or posture will trigger an attack.
Information
Nov 26 2015
03:15:44 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
Your glider needs protection from even the most gentle, well meaning dog. Dogs instinctively will play with a smaller animal by holding them down with a paw - but glider's bones are so small that even a gently placed paw could cause bone fractures or internal injuries.

The dog and gliders should not have direct contact.
Other pets

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Other pets