Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Help! Please!
Help! Please!
Health related
Jan 27 2016
09:07:13 PM
My male sugar glider has a swollen eye, under the socket. Eye is dry looking and no puss is leaking. Picture below, what should I do? He is eating and he showed no symptoms yesterday. He seems uneasy but not in pain. If I take him to the vet they will most likley take him away and I don't want that unless it is the only option. Not sure what to do, and I have female too. Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Health related
Jan 27 2016
09:12:29 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
go to the vet right away.
Health related
Jan 27 2016
09:39:18 PM
kristie_bug07 Glider Visit kristie_bug07's Photo Album 54 Posts
Vet vet vet. Why would they take him away? Maybe I'm missing something but I've seen others with the same fear. Good luck, hope he is okay!
Health related
Jan 27 2016
09:42:35 PM
Minnesota Zoo Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Minnesota Zoo's Photo Album USA 1999 Posts
The person lives in California. It may be difficult to find a vet that will treat an animal that is Illegal in that state.

That said...it is probably an abcessed tooth and if not treated the glider could lose his eye or worse, die from the infection.
Health related
Jan 27 2016
09:48:47 PM
kristie_bug07 Glider Visit kristie_bug07's Photo Album 54 Posts
Oh goodness I never thought of that. Still new to all this, so that's good info to know. Seriously though, good luck with the little one.
Health related
Jan 28 2016
11:21:18 AM
mnsnldy Starting Member Visit mnsnldy's Photo Album 4 Posts
Taking him in right now, will update you guys when I get back. Thank you for the advice! Lets hope he will be ok, I am super worried.

Edited by - mnsnldy on Jan 28 2016 11:21:52 AM
Help! Please!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Help! Please!