Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Drooling or spit problem?
Health related
Feb 08 2016
01:01:34 AM
One of my gliders had been having a problem with excessive drooling or spit. We have been to the vet and he has been on an antibiotic. Has anyone ever had this problem? If so, what happened. We have a check up appointment tomorrow morning and he is doing better. This seems to be his only problem. He is active, eats, pees, poops, and otherwise seems normal except that his chin and sometimes his stomach have been wet.
Health related
Feb 08 2016
10:08:10 AM
Blue Nostalgic Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Blue Nostalgic's Photo Album 1422 Posts
That's odd. I wonder what reason the vet gave for the antibiotic. Were his teeth checked for abscesses?
Health related
Feb 10 2016
03:32:43 PM
graciedawn Super Glider GliderMap Visit graciedawn's Photo Album 222 Posts
I was not there for the initial vet check. My sister took him and reported back. The vet didn't see anything with his teeth or mouth either visit. The initial diagnosis was possible gastritis or and infected duct or gland which was the reason for the antibiotics. We had our follow up appointment on Monday, and he is better. He hasn't had a wet chin since last Friday and his stomach fur color is turning white again. I asked to have a fecal sample checked (which wasn't done on the last visit) just to make sure. I am still not sure what caused it but will be keeping a close eye on him. We are also eliminating some things from his diet to see if it could be a food allergy or issue.
Health related
Feb 10 2016
09:35:09 PM
kiwi3435 Face Hugger Visit kiwi3435's Photo Album kiwi3435's Journal FL, USA 687 Posts
Hm, this is an interesting problem. I have never heard of anything like it. Well I would see what combos of fruit and veggies you were feeding him that week and see if one of the fruits or veggies caused it. I'm very curious to know what caused it. Keep us posted!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders