Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Miami breeders?
Miami breeders?
Question
Feb 08 2016
09:41:05 AM
I've been doing a lot of research for about a month or two now and am so excited to eventually add two babies to my family! I'm currently finishing my last semester at university in the northeast, and plan on getting the babies when I move back to Miami in May. I know I want two females together at once, but I'm having a hard time finding breeders in Miami!

I've contacted two and neither has gone super well... One I contacted through their Facebook page and everything went well until I asked if they were USDA licensed. Then it went dead. They read my messages and didn't reply. Being licensed is not crucial to me if the breeder is nice and has nice babies, which if they're in my area I can go see for myself.
The other one I contacted me told me she would call me and never got back to me.

I'm starting to think I won't find a breeder near me and will need to get babies shipped to me, which I'd prefer to avoid. Sites like glider stork just kind of sketch me out... Also I'm worried a breeder near me won't have two females at once when I'm ready to take them home.

Sorry this post is so long, I'm just sad that I've done all my research and now what's stopping me is not having a reliable breeder near me! If anyone knows breeders in Miami or near Miami, please post below!
Question
Feb 08 2016
10:14:37 AM
Blue Nostalgic Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Blue Nostalgic's Photo Album 1422 Posts
There are a few better known breeders in FL. I know that Candy and Carla can remember who they are and might advise. You might have to drive a bit to get them. There are some really bad shipping experiences with both large mill breeders (glider stork) and smaller breeders.

I've had a great deal of experience working with The Pet Glider/Priscilla Price. I've had gliders shipped from their place in TX here to FL a couple times. It's an extremely well run process. I've also been 100% happy with the gliders I've gotten from her. Super healthy, gorgeous. There is a better chance of you being able to work with them one-on-one in making your selection and a greater chance of them having a bonded pair of females for you.
Question
Feb 08 2016
10:14:42 AM
kiwi3435 Face Hugger Visit kiwi3435's Photo Album kiwi3435's Journal FL, USA 687 Posts
I would check craiglist actually. I have seen ads on craiglist for breeders in Miami. There might be babies or young gliders being gave away as well.
Question
Feb 08 2016
10:55:09 AM
karmachameleon Starting Member 6 Posts
Thanks you two!! This helps a lot, I'll check those two.

If anyone knows of anyone else in south Florida, please do comment too!
Information
Feb 08 2016
04:46:12 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
Maureen's web page is still active so I assume she is still breeding gliders. She may also know of other breeders in the Miami area.

http://moonovermiamigliders.weebly.com/visit-the-joey-nursery.html

Don't be put off because a breeder is not USDA Licensed. Many very good breeders do not meet the requirements of having 4 breeding females to even apply for a license.
Question
Feb 08 2016
05:21:41 PM
Thanks Candy! I looked at Maureen's website and it looks great, she really seems like she cares for her babies. She seems very busy though, so I guess I should wait until closer to the time I'd be getting them to contact her seriously?
Question
Feb 09 2016
12:04:09 AM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
Go ahead and contact her to let her know you are interested in a future purchase. I do not know how many breeding pairs she has and gliders only produce 1 or 2 joeys a couple times a year so she may have a waiting list.
Question
Feb 09 2016
09:10:35 AM
Ok I will then, thanks!
Question
Feb 09 2016
10:32:50 PM
Thanks Leela! That link isn't working for me,, is there a Facebook page or website for that breeder?
Question
Feb 09 2016
10:48:30 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
Sorry im not used to doing links on my cell her name on facebook is becky gomez her breeding page iz Becky's suggiw babies tge link is on her personal page
Question
Feb 09 2016
10:50:17 PM
Thanks! No worries about the link it gets weird on phones #128513;
Miami breeders?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Miami breeders?