Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Training ?
Training ?
Question
Feb 09 2016
10:35:21 PM
Ok so I've heard u can pocket train a glider and I was wondering how one would do that and what are the advantages and risk?
Question
Feb 10 2016
09:36:45 AM
kiwi3435 Face Hugger Visit kiwi3435's Photo Album kiwi3435's Journal FL, USA 687 Posts
it is very possible to pocket train them. my one girl is bra trained and every time I open her pouch to take her out she automatically jumps into my shirt to sleep. my newer glider doesn't like to be contained to my bra space so she crawls out and sleeps in my sleeve or hood. it varies daily.

honestly, pocket training can be done, but your pocket is a very vulnerable space to put your glider and you can bump into things. their are pouches that you can purchase and you can clip them onto your pants.
Question
Feb 10 2016
02:28:46 PM
thetacobean Starting Member 7 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by Blood biter

Ok so I've heard u can pocket train a glider and I was wondering how one would do that and what are the advantages and risk?

Both of my gliders are hoodie trained. My method for training them was to base it off of what they already do naturally. During the day when they are sleeping I would take them out of their sack (giving them five minutes of alone time to pee/poop). Then its really important to have something that is a usual smell to them like a little fleece with their smell on it. Put it in your desired pocket. I dont really suggest jeans this spot gets bumped an awful lot for a glider to want to stay in. After your glider is done doing its business grab it and walk around not really giving it the opportunity to fly away. Try to guide it towards the desired pocket and usually the glider will just scurry in and make itself comfortable. If it's being resistant walk in an area with tons of light this worked for my glider Ollie. After about two-three sessions of this both of my gliders understood where to go. Although it is annoying now though because they'll chill at the back of my neck wondering where the hood is when they are on me haha.
Question
Feb 14 2016
01:50:12 AM
Kinsey.ash Joey Visit Kinsey.ash's Photo Album Kinsey.ash's Journal 44 Posts
One thing I have been seeing a lot of lately is scarves that have secret glider pockets in them, so if you're wanting to carry your glider around while its completely safe and no one will even know this might be a good option. www.etsy.com/listing/258555892/pre-made-infinity-bonding-scarf-gray?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=sugar glider scarf&ref=sr_gallery_10
Question
Feb 14 2016
02:07:25 AM
Blood biter Glider Visit Blood biter's Photo Album TX, USA 65 Posts
That is one of the big reasons I was asking Kinsey thank you for showing me the scarf I didn't know that had those ill look into them
Question
Feb 14 2016
06:24:25 AM
Carlena Joey Visit Carlena's Photo Album 31 Posts
Those are really neat scarves.
Training ?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Training ?