Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Need more sleeping options?
Question
Apr 14 2016
08:51:16 PM
My 2 girls have 2 sleeping pouches & I'm wondering if that is enough? They also have fleece bridges & corner hammocks but really only 2 options for sleeping. Most nights they sleep together but sometimes like this morning I find them in seperate pouches. The place I order my fleece from has a really cute 3 level hammock (I've heard some people call it a honey comb hammock) they also have a reinforced cube sleeper. Really I'm just curious if you guys think they get bored with sleeping options or if they get used to their pouch & like it & don't want change. I have been rearranging everything except wheel placement (it's a side mount) about once a week.
Question
Apr 14 2016
09:32:40 PM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
I have 2 pouches in each of my cages, and my pairs will only occasionally sleep separately. They usually use one pouch for quite a while and then when they switch to the clean pouch I replace the stinky one. I have tried different shaped pouches, since I like to sew. They are curious about the odd shapes I have made, but it really doesn't seem to matter to them. They don't seem to like the honeycomb hammock for sleeping, though. I made a cone shaped and a Christmas stocking shaped and I was sorry that they liked them because with the small opening it was hard for me to get them out. You really don't know what they will like until you try something.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders