Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Aggressive
Aggressive
Question
Apr 19 2016
10:30:51 PM
My male sugar glider is being really aggressive and protective of his food tonight. He's done this once before. He is about 1 1/2 years old and lives with 3 other gliders. He's attacking the other gliders every time they move, even running all the way across the cage to attack them. Just wondering if there is any reason for this, or anything I can do to stop this.
Question
Apr 20 2016
08:22:30 AM
rustypossumfart Face Hugger Visit rustypossumfart's Photo Album USA 459 Posts
Hi. First, mind me if I ask: is he neutered? If he is not, perhaps you should consider getting him neutered. Doing so, will lower his hormones, and may help making him more docile.

Another suggestion is to set more than one feeding station. Some gliders are just food protective, but if there are several feeding stations, he can't be over-watchful of them all. It also makes things more interesting if you're not placing the food in the same place always. You can even hide their favorite foods and treats, encouraging their foraging nature.
Question
Apr 20 2016
09:02:57 AM
kiwi3435 Face Hugger Visit kiwi3435's Photo Album kiwi3435's Journal FL, USA 687 Posts
if he is not neutered already, then getting him so would definently help his agressive behavior.:)
Aggressive

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Aggressive