Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
I'm being aggressively groomed!
Question
May 03 2016
11:40:33 PM
So after falling in love with my three gliders, I ended up with a third male. My other three have taken to aggressively grooming me and marking me...even My female. I feel violated, lol. Is there anything I can do to help curb the blood letting?
Question
May 04 2016
09:02:09 AM
kiwi3435 Face Hugger Visit kiwi3435's Photo Album kiwi3435's Journal FL, USA 687 Posts
try giving them the "psssttt" noise so they get the idea "I don't want you doing this, stop it."

my one girl Kona aggressively grooms my chest area where she likes to sleep in my shirt, and if she begins to do it to hard, I make the "psssttt" noise at her and she quickly gets the idea. ( I rarely need to "hiss" back at them for something they are doing )

Edited by - kiwi3435 on May 04 2016 09:02:50 AM
Question
May 04 2016
09:11:10 AM
Klm612 Joey Visit Klm612's Photo Album Klm612's Journal NE, USA 26 Posts
I do but it didn't work. And a lot of times it is on my back. Each of them go and remark the area the last one was at. I haven't been this bit up since week one. And there is no aggression with it, such as crabbing and what not.
Question
May 04 2016
12:06:54 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
we wear socks so they dont nibble/taste our toes. I were a pouch t shirt and dont get nibbled on like my wife that wears them on the bra.
Question
May 04 2016
01:07:00 PM
Klm612 Joey Visit Klm612's Photo Album Klm612's Journal NE, USA 26 Posts
That is my arm. I believe it is not nibbling. They are digging their teeth and claws in mev while rubbing their chest scent glands on me. They do this to each other, new pouches, and the cage after being cleaned. I wear long sleeves so it would be worse if I didn't.
Question
May 06 2016
11:02:48 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
One other thought would be they have sharp nails that need to be cut so as not to scratch you up as much.
I have read intact males will be more aggressive, ours are neutered. My wife is going to try to make a bra pouch so she has less cuts. I had my wife sew a pouch inside my v neck t shirt make half of fleece and half of another t shirt. so they are close to my skin and scent but they are unable to scratch me up.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders