Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
HPW Diet - Having issues eating
Food, Diet
May 04 2016
08:12:35 AM
I have been feeding my sugar gliders the HPW diet since I got them about 4 years ago. Recently they completely stopped eating it. I tried changing it up a little bit but nothing I have done has been working.

I noticed that the HPW powder I buy from exotic nutrition changed their formula. Could this be the reason they stopped eating it? I am worried that they aren't getting adequate nutrition although they are not skinny by any means.

Any suggestions on how to get them to eat or a different recipe that is similar?
Food, Diet
May 04 2016
08:59:07 AM
kiwi3435 Face Hugger Visit kiwi3435's Photo Album kiwi3435's Journal FL, USA 687 Posts
someone on Facebook the other day was saying that a while back their gliders were not eating their HPW so she switched them to GOHPW. it basically calls for the same ingredients as OHPW but it adds in Green juice to make it sweeter, and with more calcium.

here is the recipe - sugarglider.info/staple-diets/gohpw/

hope this helped!
Food, Diet
May 04 2016
09:05:20 AM
warmanj Glider Visit warmanj's Photo Album 67 Posts
Hello,

I don't think that Exotic Nutrition's powders are affiliated with HPW. I used to use Exotic Nutrition powder to feed my babies but I recently switched to the OHPW powder which I found on the Pampered Glider http://www.thepamperedglider.com/supplements.htm and now I get clean plates every night.

Hope this helps

Food, Diet
May 04 2016
11:57:42 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
quote:
someone on Facebook the other day was saying that a while back their gliders were not eating their HPW so she switched them to GOHPW. it basically calls for the same ingredients as OHPW but it adds in Green juice to make it sweeter, and with more calcium.

The Green Juices are NOT CALCIUM RICH - they are mostly apple juice with a small proportion of green vegetables added. The do add some micro nutrients to the over all diet - but not much considering the very small amount gliders would get daily.

If you are ADDING the green juice to the standard HPW recipe - you are diluting the vitamins, protein and other nutrients that the diet is intended to provide your gliders daily.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders