Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Harness?
Harness?
Information
May 05 2016
03:24:32 PM
Hello! Does anybody know where I can buy a harness for my gliders? Or if it is safe to use? I saw a hamster harness from amazon and thought that I can use it too for my gliders so that I can take them to the park with me. I am scared that if I take them out without a harness that they would run away. I play with them as much as possible and let them out while im sleeping but recently my girlfriend told me that i cant let them out anymore since their chewing on the furnitures and scratching the wallpaper #128542; So now i only get to let them out 2 hours everyday. So I would like to buy a harness for them so that I can take them out maybe twice a week.
Information
May 05 2016
04:16:12 PM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
Harnesses are not safe for gliders. If they make a jump for something that they can't reach, they could snap their neck! Not worth the risk.
Information
May 05 2016
04:59:02 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
A Harness for a glider would be like tying your wrists to your thighs and expecting you to move around comfortably. It could damage the glider's patagium (gliding membrane) that attaches at their wrists and ankles.

A SAFE way to take your gliders out side is in a zippered Bonding pouch that has screen for ventilation. You could carefully put your hand into the pouch to pet them, but you cannot let them out to roam freely.

Most gliders do not appreciate being outdoors when it is light out any way - that is their time to be sleeping. They prefer to stay in the dark during the day time.
Information
May 06 2016
04:56:43 PM
Momo23 Joey Visit Momo23's Photo Album 29 Posts
Ive decided to let my gliders sleep in my room and asked my girlfriend to sleep in the other room. So now I cant sleep because I cant stop watching them play around me hahaha
Information
Aug 16 2016
02:13:44 PM
Sugarbabies48 Joey 13 Posts
Not safe! Use a zippered pouch only when taking them out of the house.
Information
Aug 30 2016
02:35:24 PM
Sugarbabies48 Joey 13 Posts
My suggestion is to purchase one of THESE tents.
You can spend time with them in it or just let them explore (watching from the outside of course). Also, get them a stealth wheel for their cage to make sure they're getting enough exercise!
Harness?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Harness?