Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Half nose
Half nose
Health related
May 07 2016
02:51:29 PM
I got my two gliders in July 2015 and I haven't had any health issues with them. Smudge has a strange nose in that the right side of it seems to be missing (she was like this when I got her and we don't know how it happened but it's so smooth it looks like a birth defect). She had trouble eating when I first got her (she eats fine now) and her tooth is exposed as a result but apart from that she's fine. I'm wondering if there's any long term effects this could have on her health that I need to keep an eye out for in the future. There are pictures below for reference, any advice would be appreciated!

Health related
May 07 2016
04:02:42 PM
JordyCrosby Glider Visit JordyCrosby's Photo Album 62 Posts
I would assume she was born with a cleft lip & possibly pallet as well. I've seen cats & dogs born with it. As long as she is able to eat normally I don't think that she should have any long term problems. That exposed tooth may decay faster so I would be sure to keep up with dental health. She's precious!
Health related
May 07 2016
08:11:00 PM
kiwi3435 Face Hugger Visit kiwi3435's Photo Album kiwi3435's Journal FL, USA 687 Posts
let me start by saying that she is absolutely gorgeous!

i wouldn't pay much attention to it unless you begin to start seeing her act strangely etc.
Half nose

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Half nose