Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Quick advice- house sitting with pups
Default, miscellaneous
May 08 2016
03:23:59 AM
So I'm house sitting for my grandma/aunt/cousin (not all the same person :P)

They have dogs, mixed breeds that are medium sized dogs. They always did well with my cousins guinea pig (Scruffles lived for quite a few years like most guinea pigs and passed due to normal age related cause).

They also have a cat, who is declawed (NOT OUR CHOICE!!! She was adopted).

I was juggling between my home and theirs, but I have to admit it was difficult. Between constantly taking the dogs out to pee, or one pup that is puking (she has anxiety, a pup that takes after me unfortunately), and running home to spend time holding the gliders in their pouch and feeding them and getting sleep. Gah!! I have Sunday and Monday off. So I decided to bring a pop up cage thats big enough for their toys and them to play in that I have zip tied, and since I have a about 50 I can cut and re tie the zip ties as needed.

The other pets seem to be interested, and just want to be friends. The gliders have come out to run on their wheel and eat a bit. Puff even sniffed one dogs nose.

I have fleece blankets on their cage except for the side thats facing the couch, where I'm insisting on sleeping so I can be near the glider boys. They seem to be doing okay so far. The other pets, other than being overly friendly, are behaving remarkably well.

While the gliders don't seem stressed, I really felt that them being here with me to hold them in the day and they could see me at night, like normal, would be better than leaving them alone for most of the day except for feeding at night for a week.

They will not be running around at all with these other animals. They are not unattended at all. I take them in the bathroom in their pouch when I need to pee, even. None of the pets can get their paws or mouth through the cage bars.

Is there anything else I can do to make all the animals comfy for the next few days? The gliders are going back home Tuesday when I have to work. I will not leave them here, even in a cage in a bathroom locked up with the other pets here. I just didn't want them to get lonely for the long stretch.

Any advice? Thanks in advance!!

Default, miscellaneous
May 08 2016
05:18:23 AM
kristie_bug07 Glider Visit kristie_bug07's Photo Album 54 Posts

She just wants a friend...

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders