Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
BML newbie
BML newbie
Food, Diet
May 26 2016
12:44:14 PM
Ok so i just started the BML diet and my cuties are loving every second of it! But I am a little lost on some parts of the diet. 1) other then the BML mix and restricted fruited and veggies each night, is there anything else? 2) do I need to feed them insects everyday? If so how many? 3) is there anything else I need to be doing?

My current routine: hour before they wake up (portions are for each sugar glider, so since I have two, double everything): 1 tbsp BML, 1 tbsp fruits, 1 tbsp vegetables, and in the morning 5 mealies.
Food, Diet
May 26 2016
01:12:16 PM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
Sounds right to me!
Food, Diet
May 26 2016
02:52:42 PM
kopa Joey Visit kopa's Photo Album 49 Posts
Ok. Do I need to do insects everyday? Or can I do every other?
Food, Diet
May 27 2016
08:12:24 AM
Bossihamham Glider Visit Bossihamham's Photo Album Bossihamham's Journal 195 Posts
Insects are only a treat for gliders. You can give some everyday if you want but you don't have to.
Food, Diet
May 30 2016
08:12:28 AM
kopa Joey Visit kopa's Photo Album 49 Posts
Ok only reason I ask is the website says something about insects on BML but I couldn't tell if it was a requirement or just taking about them.
Food, Diet
Jun 13 2016
10:43:57 AM
suggiezombie Joey Visit suggiezombie's Photo Album USA 11 Posts
It sounds like you've got the diet correct, I do the exact same diet :)

I agree that the insects are treats, not a part of the nightly diet, but you do sound like you're on the right path as far as the BML + fruits+ veggies. Keep up the good work!

Brittanica
BML newbie

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
BML newbie