Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Premade hpw for sale?!
Premade hpw for sale?!
Information
May 29 2016
09:00:45 PM
OK I'm beyond excited as most things I have bought from these people were amazing and my gliders loved them. But they are now selling the hpw premade! I'm soooo ooo happy and excited they make this at home with the usual ingredients that most use. I had run out and I was in a bind with money then found this treasure. It smells wonderful and my babies love it my lil Loki went as far as jumpeon me when I opened the cage to feed him some. Here is the site www.exoticnutrition.com/hpwwime.html mine got this one
They have the 3 kinds the original, the fruits and veggies and, the mealworms. Ik some of the glider community have been looking for a short cut in this area so I thought I'd post this find.
Information
May 29 2016
11:31:32 PM
kiwi3435 Face Hugger Visit kiwi3435's Photo Album kiwi3435's Journal FL, USA 687 Posts
I personally would not want to feed my babies any sort of canned or pre made diets. it has added preservatives that are unhealthy for gliders.....

I try and go naturak and make what I can of their diet by myself or by as organic as possible.

it's all a matter of opinion I guess.

Edited by - kiwi3435 on May 29 2016 11:33:07 PM
Information
May 29 2016
11:42:34 PM
Beryun Joey Visit Beryun's Photo Album Beryun's Journal 15 Posts
It doesn't have any preservatives I made sure to read up on it as well as I contacted them before about this. I other wise wouldn't dare dream of it. If you like you can read up on it I have the link present. But I do understand what you mean. I had searched many times only to find ones with some wierd corn filler or so kinda HMO preservative present. I can say this one is a non preservative premade diet. I do urge you to read the information on the link I provided. But I by no means am say you have to buy it. I just thought it was a pretty cool find to find a all natural premade hpw. And pretty reasonablely priced. I am glad I'm not the only one concerned about preservatives though I hear from so many in my area to just give my babies canned veggies.... o.o just.... no uhg I swear those people need to look up the health issues canned goods cause gliders.and thank you for showing concern. I seem to find alot of people in my area that just don't care
Information
May 30 2016
12:16:58 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
I would wait for more expert approval for this one.
and at $9 for 12 oz, my 8 gliders would rip thru this and leave me with a massive food bill. For $100 i make 16 large containers of OHPW. At 1 tablespoon for every 2 gliders, $100 will last me almost a year. i would be spending $100 in under 3 months probably.
Information
May 30 2016
01:26:50 AM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
This may be very convenient but it will also be VERY expensive.

I did a cost analysis several months ago of my GliderKids Staple and the fruits and vegetables that I feed with it. The total cost for a batch of the staple and the wide variety of fresh and frozen fruits and vegetables I buy came out to $27 for 2 gliders x 70 days.

If you use ONE Jar per week at $9 per jar - you would spend the same $27 for only 21 days (3 weeks) - if the jar contains enough for two gliders to last a full week.

If you accept that the label indicates that this is all you need to feed your gliders - the 12 ounce jar may only last 5 days if you feed 3 TBS per glider each night. If that is the case You will probably use 3 jars in 2 weeks

I am not sure I would trust an open jar of the food to remain fresh in the refrigerator beyond 5 days any way.

It will not provide a wide variety of fruits and vegetables.

Your gliders may become bored if offered the exact same plate of food each night.

This is a new product - none of us have experience in long term use of the product to keep gliders healthy.

Information
May 30 2016
01:33:52 AM
Beryun Joey Visit Beryun's Photo Album Beryun's Journal 15 Posts
Thank you all for the insite I'll talk to my vet about it too and I see where it can get expensive I got this cause I was low on cash this check and could not afford all ingredients for the lil guys perhaps it was just poor planning this time but thank you all for all the advice. And tips. I think I'll just use this as a temp fix when ever I make the mistake of not planning accordingly on stocking up on ingredients. I guess this option it better suited for short term rather than long term.
Premade hpw for sale?!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Premade hpw for sale?!