Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
agresive behavior
agresive behavior
Information
Jun 01 2016
11:39:16 AM
HELP: so I've had my male glider for 6 months now and I know it takes a while to bond but I think we have an okay one so far. And it's just been me and him. I recently got him a female a couple of days ago and he's been fine with me . But since yesterday he has been very very agresive to me. I don't know if it's because the change in diet or because he has a new female. For the food I thought I still had two cubes left but I didn't so I fed them a lot of fruits and vegetables but I know I'm missing the protein but it was just for one night. So I thought maybe that's why he's so agresive. But tonight when I gave him his normal meal he's even worst . He bit my thumb and didn't let go no matter how hard I tried to get him off. He broke skin in 4 different places and there was blood. When I finally got him off my thumb he ran up and down my body making noises. Right away I went to go wash
my hand and put alcohol. I can't even go to the doors to the cage without him charging it. But during the day he's fine. He's never been like this with me just the occasional nip when we play. Please help I'm still a novice glider owner
Information
Jun 01 2016
12:22:30 PM
NyxandBenny Glider Visit NyxandBenny's Photo Album AB, CA 166 Posts
I'd just give them Tim to adjust to each other. The female could be in heat. The male may just being protective. You may have to start over with treats and trust building
Information
Jun 01 2016
01:38:08 PM
Yoda2016 Joey 17 Posts
That's what i figured...and today this morning when i was cleaning out their cage he jumped out of his pouch and attacked me again. When i start the bonding should i do it one at a time or both of them together?
Information
Aug 24 2016
08:23:53 PM
Tiakristin3 Face Hugger Visit Tiakristin3's Photo Album 412 Posts
Hi Yoda,
I'm fairly new to this forum. I've been looking over previous posts from people and yours caught my eye. I'm just curious how your gliders are doing? How is the bonding going? I've had my glider less than a year and I know it can be a long, tedious process. But the rewards are so worth it! Wishing you well. Please keep us posted.
agresive behavior

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
agresive behavior