Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
is there any rescues here
Question
Jun 18 2016
08:29:59 AM
Im in bradenton florida and im wondering if anyone knows of a rescue? Im driving myself crazy for the amount of time looking for one!
Question
Jun 25 2016
08:30:04 AM
Lovetorescue Starting Member 2 Posts
Are you looking to get a glider or are you trying to find a good home for one.
Question
Jun 26 2016
04:24:47 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
I'm just above you in Brandon fla, I work with a rescue in Fort Myers ( an hour and half south of you )

Save Our Sweethearts is a 501c3 non profit exotics rescue. However, they aren't currently taking in any surrenders at this time. They do have a pair or two up for adoption but they are "special needs" gliders and can not be introduced to other gliders. https://www.facebook.com/saveoursweethearts/?fref=ts

I also work with a group on facebook rehoming, and taking in surrenders, rescues ect it's called Sugar Glider Guardians https://www.facebook.com/groups/sugargliderguardians/

I skimmed through your other threads and questions. From what I gather you have a single glider, and are debating on a cage mate. Is your single a male or female? if a male is he neutered or intact?

There are several reputable, licensed breeders in florida. Becky Gomez is down in south fla, Nerdy Hails is up here by Tampa somewhere I think ( she is a member here ) Nessa is on the east coast of fla, Patricia is just north of tampa.... I could probably find a few more breeders even. Of course there is no shortage of rehomes here in fla as well. There are probably 5 or 6 ads on Guardians right now of gliders in our area needing a new home.

Edited by - Leela on Jun 26 2016 04:36:39 PM
Question
Jun 26 2016
04:54:34 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
Guardians also has some gliders currently being fostered in Orlando by one of our admin. If you are considering going this route (adopting rehomes or rescues ) we do screen new potential owners to make sure it's the right placement for the specific gliders in our care.

Our admin ask a ton of questions, may also require pics of your set up ect ... we also have a contract that would need signed ( if the gliders are in guardians possession and care )

If it's just an ad or repost of an ad the contract isn't required.
Question
Dec 16 2016
07:58:39 PM
Just cruising through your older posts here and came across this one I didn't realize we have spoke before, sort of.

I no longer recommend going to the guardian group for rehomes. A lot about that group has changed in the last several months that I personally disagree with. My beliefs forced me to walk away and cut my ties. For a time we did some awesome things in this group, we saved a lot of gliders, not only by getting them new homes but helping with medical emergencies, but eventually those good things had strings attached to them.

3 of the long time admin stepped down and left the group entirely. The contract the guardian gliders come with is insanely controlling and they do enforce breech of contracts to the best of their abilities. They use it to intimidate and control the situation.

The only thing separating them them from being no different than Pocket Pets right now is their 501c3 status. Both guardians and Pocket Pets do the exact same thing, broker gliders. However Pocket Pets is usda licensed to do so and guardians is not. They are both nation wide, in all the legal states. I actually have more respect for Pocket Pets than I do the guardian group and the person running it.

As I told you on your more current post, there are a ton of reputable people here in fla Tara, the one in alabama, is still an admin of the guardian group, however she does what is in the gliders best interest so my recommendation for her still stands.

Just thought I better update my recommendation. If you do go the guardians route please read the contract carefully before signing. If you disagree with any of the terms walk away, they are not up for debate or negotiating.

Question
Dec 17 2016
11:45:55 AM
suggielover94 Glider USA 54 Posts
Wow i didn't notice anyone replied besides the first reply No one replied until i abandoned this post, thanks for telling me though...
Question
Dec 17 2016
01:03:08 PM
no worries, I've adopted from the rescue in fort myers, though she hasn't been in full capacity mode for a while they are focusing on building a new house and facility. So I'm not sure what she has that are available for adoption last I knew she only had special needs gliders that can't be introduced to a single.
Question
Dec 17 2016
01:07:33 PM
HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY I might have a female in need of a cage mate !

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders