Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Question about sprouts
Question about sprouts
Pictures
Jun 24 2016
11:05:54 PM
Hello I bought some bean sprouts today and I was wondering if all Sprouts are safe for me to feed my zippy any advice would be great
Pictures
Jun 29 2016
12:43:02 AM
MamaBird Face Hugger GliderMap Visit MamaBird's Photo Album USA 438 Posts
Yes, sprouts are fine.

The things you shouldn't feed because they are toxic include onions, leeks, rhubarb, garlic, chocolate, catnip and raw Lima beans (frozen is fine because they've been blanched) Depending on what diet you feed, the rest is fair game. :)
Pictures
Jul 01 2016
10:09:51 PM
Bartholemew91 Starting Member Visit Bartholemew91's Photo Album 3 Posts
I read that avacado pits, and cherry pits are bad toxic as well so be sure to keep those away.
Pictures
Jul 02 2016
09:58:49 AM
Zippy`s momma Starting Member Visit Zippy`s momma's Photo Album 9 Posts
Awesome thank you I have had my lil man since apirl of this year my husband bought him for me for our. 10th anniversary he was already 7 months old.

But I must say have a suggie has been the best . We're still bonding. It definitely takes time when there a lil older but it's at zippy's pace not mine. Also any advice. Bonding ?

Pictures
Jul 02 2016
12:33:13 PM
kiwi3435 Face Hugger Visit kiwi3435's Photo Album kiwi3435's Journal FL, USA 687 Posts
what diet are you currently feeding him?

have you thought about getting him a companion?

for bonding, try a bathroom bonding session or get a pop up tent. he will get used to being able to freely jump on and off of you and feel comfortable. being a wheel, some toys, treats and fleece to shove under the door crack. don't forget to close the toilet lid and glide proof the bathroom!
Pictures
Jul 02 2016
03:22:35 PM
Hello yes I absolutely want to get him a companion he has a beautiful cage set up lots of toys a wheel and I feed him a variety of veggies fruits meal worms I give him flowers any suggestions I'm all open
Pictures
Jul 02 2016
03:24:50 PM
Bossihamham Glider Visit Bossihamham's Photo Album Bossihamham's Journal 195 Posts
Flowers? What flowers? And besides mealworms what kind of protien are you giving him?
Pictures
Jul 02 2016
03:49:36 PM
Roses hibiscus camomile Daisy's
Eucalyptus he gets eggs yogurt chicken of course no seasoning

Any suggestions
Pictures
Jul 02 2016
03:53:28 PM
If there's anything I can do to better my care for him Im all open. I hear of people say to buy vitamin powder to top their food with. But I'm so afraid of getting the wrong thing everyone has different opinions on caring for their baby i want to be sure that my baby gets the best nutritional value from what he eats

Pictures
Jul 02 2016
04:22:47 PM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
I bought some dries flower petals from E/N but my gliders weren't interested. Daisys? They make insecticide out of some daisys!
Pictures
Jul 02 2016
07:32:05 PM
kiwi3435 Face Hugger Visit kiwi3435's Photo Album kiwi3435's Journal FL, USA 687 Posts
you need to get him on a glider approved diet, one that is well known. some include LGRS Suggie soup, Pricilla Price, Gliderkids, BML, OHPW, and GOHPW. start researching!!
Pictures
Jul 04 2016
12:00:37 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
we do all have different opinions on diets, how ever most of us agree that they need to be ON one. Which one is entirely up to you and your gliders. What works for me may not work for you... there is no best diet, the best diet is the one that your gliders eat well.

Some diets you can only get online so if your not willing or able to order online then those diets won't be a good choice for you. Hpw critter love, tpg and a few others you can only get some or all the ingredients online.

Bml you can usually find all the ingredients locally. But, the fruit and veg that need to be fed with it is very specific.

Cost is another factor, what you can afford to always have on hand.

ease of making the diet, some require a blender, some require a lot of chopping of fruits n veg, some just require water.

What your glider will eat. There is no way of knowing if a glider will eat one diet better than another until you actually try one of the diets.

What kind of "powders" calcium vitamins largely depends on what diet you chose. The diets are specific about ingredients and should NOT be substituted. If it calls for Repcal calcium use only repcal calcium etc...

the ingredients have a purpose, and have been formulated to keep the over all diet balanced so the glider gets what they need.

Yes absolutely research, but these are some things to consider when chosing a diet.

If you are planning on getting a cage mate, please consider neutering your handsome lil man first

Edited by - Leela on Jul 04 2016 12:05:53 AM
Pictures
Jul 04 2016
11:14:53 PM
Thank you so much for all the amazing advice is truly and greatly appreciate all the advice I will definitely do more research and look into all diets because my lil man means the world to me

Question are these edible for my lil man

Pictures
Jul 06 2016
08:17:11 AM
sjusovare Face Hugger Visit sjusovare's Photo Album France 694 Posts
Campsis radicans is considered as safe for birds but TOXIC to dogs, so in the doubt I wouldnt try
Pictures
Jul 07 2016
12:36:18 PM
Thank you I appreciate it very much #128521;
Question about sprouts

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Question about sprouts