Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Help with TPG diet?
Help with TPG diet?
Food, Diet
Jun 27 2016
12:04:26 PM
Hello- I just got my first glider and tried making the TPG diet. The site I used for the recipe was a bit confusing and I added 1 cup of each fruit and veggie (4 cups total fruit and 4 cups total veggies) rather than 1 cup total fruits and 1 cup total veggies. The food has already been frozen into cubes. Is this okay to give them, or is there anything I should do to fix it? I don't want to waste the food since it was a bit spendy. Help?
Food, Diet
Jun 27 2016
01:46:35 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
It should be fine to serve them the normal portion stated for that diet, no need to waste anything. if you're still concerned, email the TPG.
Food, Diet
Jun 27 2016
05:52:29 PM
NyxandBenny Glider Visit NyxandBenny's Photo Album AB, CA 166 Posts
Lol so you just made 3x more then you needed. U should be good to freeze it I'd double wrap it to keep it from getting frosty but that's about it.
Food, Diet
Jun 27 2016
06:08:16 PM
Lizzie8605 Starting Member 2 Posts
Haha, I used the correct portions of everything else besides the fruits and veggies. Just making sure it's still okay to give them
Food, Diet
Jun 27 2016
06:37:35 PM
sjusovare Face Hugger Visit sjusovare's Photo Album France 694 Posts
the thing is that it's going to lack proteins with those figures... I'd make 3 batch without fruits and vegs and mix it up while serving to compensate.
That would be 1 cube with fruits and vegs and 3 cubes without (you can actually keep the diet in the fridge for 2 to 3 days so it's not a big problem to unfreeze 4 cubes at a time)

Edited by - sjusovare on Jun 27 2016 06:41:37 PM
Help with TPG diet?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Help with TPG diet?