Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Not sure if my girls are eating enough?
Question
Jun 27 2016
01:16:17 PM
So I've had my girls for 2 weeks now (they are 11 weeks old) and I'm not sure if they are eating enough. I give them 2 tbs of ohpw and 2 tbs fruits veggies a night. They never seem to touch the fruits veggies, sometimes a little will be gone but never much. And the ohpw a couple times most of it was gone in the morning but most nights only maybe half is gone. Is that enough food or should I try syringe feeding or something else?
Question
Jun 27 2016
05:57:50 PM
NyxandBenny Glider Visit NyxandBenny's Photo Album AB, CA 166 Posts
I've added in a few drops of honey on diced veggies and stir it up at best they eat it at worst they don't. Keep trying there just young and it's probly all new to them. Keep alternating each. I thought mine hated carrots turned out they do eat them but only once or twice a week not everyday.
They can be picky eaters just keep trying eventually they will dive in.
If you feed them pellets try taking them out completely at night and just have there ohpw and fruits and veggies.
Question
Jun 28 2016
11:11:56 AM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
Your girls are still young and haven't developed an adult appetite yet. If you are concerned that they aren't eating enough, get a digital scale and weigh them to make sure they aren't losing weight. Keep offering a variety of fruits and vegetables, but don't be surprised if they pick and choose. Their tastes will change from time to time.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders