Is this bamboo and is it safe
Food, Diet
Jul 21 2016
10:15:24 PM

Food, Diet
Jul 21 2016
11:08:07 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts

That looks like sugar cane to me, taste it ( peel back the skin to get to the sweet white fibrous middle) It might not be ripe enough I was told the redder it is the riper it is.

if it's sweet that is what it is If it is, it is safe you can either cut little hunks off and peel some of the outer skin back or poke some holes in it. You'll want to cut it down in small enough pieces to freeze or refrigerate it will get funky/ferment after a few days if left out.

Edited by - Leela on Jul 21 2016 11:18:35 PM
Food, Diet
Jul 21 2016
11:44:12 PM
sjusovare Face Hugger Visit sjusovare's Photo Album France 694 Posts
Nope, it's the Giant Cane (Arundo donax).
The plant is usefull in many ways, but toxic, so don't give it to your gliders.
Food, Diet
Jul 21 2016
11:58:30 PM
Zippy`s momma Starting Member Visit Zippy`s momma's Photo Album 9 Posts
Thank you sooo much I will not give it to him I wasn't sure so I'm super great full that this site exists
Food, Diet
Jul 22 2016
07:02:37 AM
NyxandBenny Glider Visit NyxandBenny's Photo Album AB, CA 166 Posts
I don't know about other areas but here we get fresh sugar cane once a year only for Chinese new year. I missed out this year but I'm gonna get a couple stalks next year to prep and freeze and dry some.
Food, Diet
Jul 22 2016
09:28:10 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
Zippy's where are you located? I'm in fla and see stalks of sugar cane all the time. Where was yours found at?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders