Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
HELP! My first issue and idk what to do! :'''(
Health related
Jul 22 2016
10:18:39 PM
OK so I went to feed my gliders tonight and one of my mails has a huge area of skin show it like someone has been eating on him. I don't know if he is self mutilating himself or if somebody is actually doing it to him. I have five gliders all together two parents and two older babies and a newer younger baby. I don't know and cannot tell who is doing it or if its himself. I have a separate smaller cage that I will put him in even though I know he is supposed to help with the baby. I don't know what to do please help. Also I cannot afford a vet bill so I cannot take him there I don't want him to suffer and will not see him suffer. He doesn't act like he's hurting but I know he must be in severe pain because they don't show it. I just don't know what to do and don't want to make a wrong call
Health related
Jul 23 2016
01:16:47 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
Can't even begin to guess without pics, preferably close up and clear.

def separate Mom has other helpers in the cage with her.
Health related
Jul 23 2016
09:01:51 AM
dappledginger87 Joey Visit dappledginger87's Photo Album 25 Posts
I'll try to get some pics of it today when I get home from work, I appreciate the help. I immediately put him in his own little cage with his food, water and pouch. I feel so bad for him and hope he will be ok
Health related
Jul 23 2016
01:18:17 PM
NyxandBenny Glider Visit NyxandBenny's Photo Album AB, CA 166 Posts
I hate to say it cause your already stressed out. I'm afraid you should see the vet or watch very closely for infection maybey if you call a vet with glider experience and let him know the situation the bill won't be so bad. At least for penicillin aND wound care. I just don't know what else you could use that would be safe to use on a open wound I know most ointments at pharmacy could be toxic if ingested... hopefully a more experienced glider owner will have a less costly response. Best of luck to you and the Lil guy.
Health related
Jul 23 2016
02:52:46 PM
Thank u for ur advice and I thinkin will call the vet cuz I feel horrible about it. I e taken some pics, they ain't the best cuz I have him in my lap and he is sleeping right now in his pouch but hopefully what little bit of pics I could get will help. Ok I tried putting a pic in this reply and it won't let me :(
Health related
Jul 23 2016
02:58:58 PM
I uploaded the pics in the album named Binx-Injury if u want to take a look
Health related
Jul 23 2016
02:59:20 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
there are some things you can get to help open wounds but I'd like to see the wound and where it is located before I offer any advice. Can you text the pics to me if I give you my number?
Health related
Jul 23 2016
03:03:42 PM
Sure thing Leela and I really appreciate it. If you prefer to send me your number to my email it's daniellemorse87@icloud.com and I will do my best to get good pics for you and I will send them. Again thank you very much
Health related
Jul 23 2016
03:06:56 PM
813-817-4544 I also have some questions if you have a minute, are any of the offspring intact males? where is the wound at?

Edited by - Leela on Jul 23 2016 03:07:54 PM
Health related
Jul 23 2016
04:25:09 PM
https://www.facebook.com/carla.sloan.1 this is me :)

My friends vet is, New hope, exit 31 on i24 it is 55.50 for neuters.

Some no drama tolerated, educational and helpful groups...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sugargliderguardians/?fref=nf

https://www.facebook.com/groups/breeding101/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/847319852005676/
Health related
Jul 23 2016
04:31:43 PM
Awesome I'll definitely get them done asap! Thanks again so much for ur help ur a blessing! HUGS HUGS AND MORE HUGS lol
Health related
Jul 23 2016
04:32:54 PM
your welcome, huggs :)
Health related
Jul 30 2016
08:27:07 PM
Manly34azoz Joey 24 Posts
My glider always sleeping he is 5 month old is it okay and i am always with him i take him withe me all of the time
Health related
Jul 30 2016
10:55:09 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
Manly34azoz -

Sugar Gliders are Nocturnal - they do sleep all day long and are then awake and active at night while you are sleeping.

If you are carrying your glider all day you may be frequently interrupting his sleep - think about trying to sleep when some one keeps bouncing and shaking your bed all night long.

Try letting your glider have some solid undisturbed sleep in the cage for most of the day - then carry him for a few hours in the afternoon. You may find he will wake up a bit earlier in the evening if he has slept well most of the day.
Health related
Jul 31 2016
05:52:08 PM
OK THX YOU HELPED ALOOOOOOT
Health related
Jul 31 2016
05:55:47 PM
--Candy

Also i have 1 glider and i always play with him so he dont feel lonely is it a good idea than another glider. And i feed my glider fresh fruits and boiled egg and calcium powder is it okay.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders