Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Diet
Diet
Food, Diet
Aug 05 2016
04:28:48 AM
My suggie is new and I am not his owner my sister is. but he and I have bonded magnificently for the short time we've been together.

My family still considers them to be feed and forget animals but I'm trying to encourage them to keep his pouch on them and to play with him or pet him while he sleeps a little at some point every day.

But, they're having a hard time understanding diets. So, I have to pay for my suggies diet on my own on a minimum wage budget.

We do have regular fruits and veggies around the house as well as vitamins from his last owner.

I need about a weeks worth meal plan that I can use twice so that I'll have enough money to pay for a large quantity of BML supplies/food. Please leave prepping instructions as well or a link! Thank you!
Food, Diet
Aug 05 2016
08:01:37 AM
Alaria Sage Starting Member Visit Alaria Sage's Photo Album 9 Posts
I just got my new babies recently at 8wks oop. Neutered male and a female both classic grays.The diet they were on when I got the is: insectavore fare left in cage at all times, blessings high protien powder with added water fed nightly and dried fruit. I was wondering if this diet is healthy for my new gliders? I did add fresh fruit and veggies with this diet. Thanks for any advice :)
Food, Diet
Aug 05 2016
08:52:29 AM
Bossihamham Glider Visit Bossihamham's Photo Album Bossihamham's Journal 195 Posts
Look on the diet page of this website. It will have the intructions for how to prepare bml and the fruits and veggies this need to go with it. A glider will need 1 tablespoon of fruit, 1 tablespoon of veggies, and 1 tablespoon of the bml every night. You won't need the vitamins, get rid of them.

Alaria, that's not a recommended diet. Pellets aren't liked very much on this website. I know insectivore fare is soft but that pellet does dry out over time. In the wild gliders are sap suckers so, the best way for them to get their nutritional needs to to make their food like nectar. There are many kinds of nectar-like diets. But it's your choice to give whatever diet you are going to give. Just remember that a pellet is harder for them to chew, swallow, and digest. It also won't provide as much nutrition and the nectars.

As that protien powder mixed with water is no molded. You may be giving your glider too much protien. Just make sure that you don't give your glider citrus fruit and no onions or garlic.
Food, Diet
Aug 05 2016
09:04:31 AM
I plan to switch over to hpw diet ... I ordered a premixed hpw over amazon. I was just curious since it was what the breeder instructed me to feed. Do you think the hpw premixed stuff should be ok?
Food, Diet
Aug 05 2016
04:24:11 PM
Bossihamham Glider Visit Bossihamham's Photo Album Bossihamham's Journal 195 Posts
Sometimes breeders have weird diets. Anyway, what's the brand of mix you are using. I personally use the critter love complete, which is premixed. My gliders love it and they are healthy. Exotic nutrition has one too but I think critter love's quality is better.
Food, Diet
Aug 05 2016
07:06:35 PM
I bought it off amazon it says sold by sugar glider USA. It's HPW with meal worms. If you've ever heard of it I'd love to hear you opion on it. Thanks:)
Food, Diet
Aug 07 2016
12:30:03 PM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
My gliders were on the Instant HPW for a while, because it sounded easy to me. They ate it at first, but after a while they ate less and less. When I switched to the Original HPW they lovedit! They have been on OHPW for at least 2 years now and almost always clean their plate! The Pampered Glider sells samples if you want to try it out. It is not as complicated as I thought it would be, just mix up a batch and freeze it and it is enough for several weeks.
Food, Diet
Aug 07 2016
01:03:09 PM
Fluffbuttsmomma Glider Gliderpedia Editor Visit Fluffbuttsmomma's Photo Album FL, USA 122 Posts
Thank you guys so much
Food, Diet
Aug 07 2016
10:34:57 PM
We are now trying the hpw pre mix I got from amazon. I will look up the ohpw and see what they like best :) thank you guys so much you have all been super helpful. My tent has finally come in and I can't wait to use it. The bonding has been going pretty well. They are curious of me when I put my hand in the csge I have been tasted a few times but I can tell it wasn't meant to hurt. They will take treats from my hands and I am starting,to see each ones personality come out. For instance one loves meal worms for treats where the other one only wants dried fruit.
Food, Diet
Aug 09 2016
08:37:11 AM
Last night during tent time I was given the grand privilege of becoming a climbing tree and was allowed to pet lucky and Clover.... Super happy mom right here :)
Diet

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Diet