Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Licking a lot
Licking a lot
Question
Aug 09 2016
07:06:59 PM
My baby licks. A LOT. Is that good? He and I are bonding still.
Question
Aug 09 2016
08:06:15 PM
kiwi3435 Face Hugger Visit kiwi3435's Photo Album kiwi3435's Journal FL, USA 687 Posts
Like licking you?

Kona, one of my gliders, will lick my chest for quite some time and then start to slowly scrape her teeth to "groom" me.
Question
Aug 09 2016
09:59:36 PM
Fluffbuttsmomma Glider Gliderpedia Editor Visit Fluffbuttsmomma's Photo Album FL, USA 122 Posts
I'll be petting him a little when he uses my bra and sleeve and pockets as pouches and he'll just lick my hand. No biting no teeth. Just licking me. And it's not just on my fingers like if I have juice on them but he'll lick my whole hand if I let 'em
Question
Aug 09 2016
10:59:14 PM
LateNightGliders Starting Member Visit LateNightGliders's Photo Album LateNightGliders's Journal 4 Posts
My little boy Cosmo does the same thing! In my opinion, I think that's his way of saying "I like you human so I gives you lickies!". We pet them and stroke their little heads gently, so maybe they figure they need to show us some kind of lovins too by grooming us? Or maybe it's just their way of tasting us and getting more familiar through smell, touch, and taste. Either way it is as cute as can be and makes me smile! #128513;
Question
Aug 10 2016
05:57:59 AM
gr8rcfan Glider Visit gr8rcfan's Photo Album USA 80 Posts
Just remember to wash your hands of chemicals and stuff before the licking begins :)
Question
Aug 10 2016
08:27:24 AM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
I recently gave one of my gliders her first live mealworm. She reached out her little hand and snatched it from me and proceeded to lick it all over before finally biting it's butt! I have never seen her lick anything before and I have had her at least 4 years!
Question
Aug 10 2016
02:45:45 PM
Fluffbuttsmomma Glider Gliderpedia Editor Visit Fluffbuttsmomma's Photo Album FL, USA 122 Posts
Thanks guys! I was thinking the same thing. Like how dogs lick you to say I love you I was sure my suggie must've meant the same
Licking a lot

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Licking a lot