Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Wet suggie
Wet suggie
Health related
Aug 13 2016
09:28:27 AM
I know you need to keep your suggie away from things like toilets; but, in case of emergency, what do I do if he does get wet? The other day I did the dishes with my hoodie on backwards with my suggie in my hood.

He was curious about it but stayed away.

So, what do I do if he gets soaked?
Health related
Aug 13 2016
09:49:59 AM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
If he gets into something soapy or with other chemicals you would need to rinse him off with slightly warm (bath temperature) plain water.

To dry your glider - use a a towel and wrap him up to absorb most of the water then keep him in a bonding pouch on you to keep him warm until he is fully dry. He will groom away the remaining water.

NEVER use a hair dryer or any blowing air to dry a sugar glider. Their ears have very thin tissue and the blowing air on wet skin would cause damage to their ears. It would be like the severe chapping your lips feel when you are out in the wind and you lick them to make the dry skin feel better - only to have the wind dry them out again causing them to painfully crack. The problem is this chapping of a glider's ears can cause permanent damage and even loss of part of their ears.

The biggest danger of falling into a toilet is that the glider would be unable to climb out of the slick wet bowl and he would eventually tire out and drown.
Health related
Aug 13 2016
09:50:16 AM
Kferg Face Hugger Visit Kferg's Photo Album 624 Posts
Just gently towel dry him and keep him warm, but do not use a hair dryer because it can hurt and dry out his ears causing permanent damage. That's all!
Health related
Aug 13 2016
09:52:21 AM
Kferg Face Hugger Visit Kferg's Photo Album 624 Posts
Whoops Candy was faster than me lol
Health related
Aug 13 2016
12:43:11 PM
Fluffbuttsmomma Glider Gliderpedia Editor Visit Fluffbuttsmomma's Photo Album FL, USA 122 Posts
Thanks Candy! and thanks for trying Kferg!
Wet suggie

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Wet suggie