Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
What MY playtime looks like.
Pictures
Aug 25 2016
01:12:45 PM
I look horrid lol and have my nail trimming gear on but, Lemmy Pico and Leela wanted playtime today after nail trimmings. Someone recently asked what is play time. For me this is what it looks like. They explore me, interact with me, poop on me, and have some free time out of the cage on their own terms in a safe small glider proofed environment.

I don't talk much when Im videoing but I do talk to them and hum sometimes it's calming to them and lets them get used to my voice and rhythm. I don't try to "hold them" or make them go where I want them to go, I want them to go where they want on their own terms having said that....

I DO shift my body to keep them from jumping to where I don't want them to go, they feel the shift, can't gauge their landing spot and change their mind about jumping I don't move drastically it's a simple shift of the shoulders or twist at the hip to change the distance from where they want to jump to.

I try to keep my hands either open or closed like a fist so my hands don't look like claws.

I didn't turn the light on cause these three are less active its to bright

The whole thing was about 20 minutes, then they were ready for their pouch and a nap and I was ready for a smoke lol. I don't do this everyday, maybe once or twice a week. This is just MY routine with my gliders I don't make them come out and play, they decide when they want to. Leela was in my sweatshirt the whole time, she didn't feel like exploring like the other two, and thatsss ok too.

Everyone has there own methods, routine, how they do playtime and where. Your gliders may or may not behave the way mind did in this video we have had this routine for 2 years it's normal to my gliders it may not be for yours.

Try different things and see what works for you and your gliders.. You will never hear me say DO IT THIS WAY or do it that way... my way is merely MY way and what I have found that works for my gliders, it's NOT the only way.

Edited by - Leela on Aug 25 2016 01:31:48 PM
Pictures
Aug 25 2016
02:42:56 PM
james chin Joey 29 Posts
nice video

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders