Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Feeding
Feeding
Food, Diet
Aug 29 2016
12:54:33 AM
I've been reading up on the diets so I can be ready when my three fuzzies arrive, and I have a couple of questions.

How many times do you need to feed suggies daily? If you have frozen meals, do you need one cube per glider, or thaw one or two cubes and let them decide? What kind of cereal should I be buying? Is that something that should be in the cage at all times, like hay for my rabbits?

Sorry about all the questions, just want to be ready!!
Food, Diet
Aug 29 2016
01:57:23 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
You feed them ONCE at night just before they wake up. I find 9 to 10pm
is the best for my gliders.
The diet will decide the portion. With critterlove its 2 tablespoons for 2 gliders, with OHPW using wombaroo its 1 Tablespoon for 2 gliders.
BML I don't know, so just go by the instructions on the diet you feed the
gliders.

I get happy glider and put some in a separate bowl, leave it in the cage all the time, but this is COMPLETELY option on most diets, like OHPW and critterlove.

www.pet-pro.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=7

Food, Diet
Aug 29 2016
03:46:13 AM
arcticfurmom Joey Visit arcticfurmom's Photo Album CO, USA 22 Posts
Thank you so much!!! I'm gathering as much info as I can, as I realize the things I don't know...there may be more questions yet!!
Food, Diet
Aug 29 2016
09:58:42 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
Byk answered your questions pretty accurately

Feeding Instructions: For Bml
The rule of thumb per glider is:

1 Tablespoon of the BML basic mix
1 Tablespoon of fruits
1 Tablespoon of veggies

so for a trio of gliders you would triple that, depending on the gliders you can put it all on one plate, or divide up the portions on multiple plates. I have a cage I have to use 2 plates for 3 gliders or they grouch at each other.

I don't offer pellets to mine, yet. I am getting some sample bags to see if they even like them. Petpro pellets are what the majority of the glider community veterans use and prefer.

What diets are you looking at/ considering ?

what are the gliders currently being fed by their owner/breeder what ever the case maybe?

Edited by - Leela on Aug 29 2016 10:05:42 AM
Food, Diet
Aug 29 2016
08:57:20 PM
arcticfurmom Joey Visit arcticfurmom's Photo Album CO, USA 22 Posts
I'm actually looking at all of the diets listed on this site right now. I'm not sure what their current diet is; I'm supposed to find out everything when I pick them up on the first. I can't wait!!
Food, Diet
Aug 30 2016
02:07:04 PM
Sugarbabies48 Joey 13 Posts
I personally feed them the OHPW diet. Linked HERE

Each Glider is served daily:

~ 1 teaspoon Original High Protein Wombaroo (OHPW) mixture. (Powder purchased from the link above & mix made at home by you).

~ 1 Tablespoon fruits

~ 1 Tablespoon vegetables

(I keep some store bought pellets in their cage too, they snack on them periodically.)

& I will also give them some dried fruit and yogurt treats during bonding time.
Feeding

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Feeding