Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Cage opinions?
Cage opinions?
Question
Aug 30 2016
04:42:23 PM
So just wanted to get some opinions ... ive had my girls about 2 and a half months and I was thinking of upgrading their cage but I was wondering which would be a better idea ...

I currently have a cage that is 36 inch by 30 inch by 20 inch

it looks like this but a little different ...

www.amazon.com/World-Pride-Wrought-Cockatoo-Birdcage/dp/B00WTT81B0/

.....and I was thinking of upgrading to this cage which is 54 in (69 with stand) by 32 in by 19 in

www.amazon.com/Costzon-Parrot-Chinchilla-Cockatiel-Conure/dp/B01A8865WA

.... my other option was buying a second one of the cages I currently have and putting them together (they are combinable but the new one wouldn't be) so I would end up with a cage that was 36 in by 60 in by 20 in ...

ive read that height is better so would it be better to get the taller cage or should I combine two cages so they would end up with more cubic space? we have room for either option so I just want to know what would be best for them

thanks

Question
Aug 30 2016
05:17:37 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
If you are deciding between only those options, I would go with getting the second larger cage rather than attempt combining cages with what you have.
Question
Aug 31 2016
02:01:22 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
I didn't like that second cage because It has all those small doors.
I guess you will need to lock ALL of them down tight. If not you may have
some escapees.
Question
Aug 31 2016
04:23:19 AM
Tveit_Momma Glider Visit Tveit_Momma's Photo Album 197 Posts
I like the second one because It's taller. It won't be hard to "lock" all the doors, i just use a piece of fleece or ribbon to tie anything i need for mine and he doesn't chew it.
Question
Aug 31 2016
09:03:06 AM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
Have you looked at Exotic Nutrition cages? I have 2 Brisbane cages, and I think their prices are reasonable.
Question
Aug 31 2016
02:56:36 PM
sarahinseattle Joey 30 Posts
If you go with the one with the doors, I would ziptie it and the gliders may chew through the fleece or fabric.
Question
Aug 31 2016
11:58:49 PM
meganjoy12 Starting Member 7 Posts
the one I have now is zip tied down on the sides so I'm ok with doing that. the biggest thing I care about is the most space for my girls so they are happy. =) ...

and the Brisbane cage is about the same size as the one I have now and I'm trying to upgrade in size so that wouldn't work since my cage wouldn't be combinable with that and its more expensive. plus either of the options I'm looking at would be bigger than almost all of the e.n. cages and be way cheaper (exotic nutrition is actually super expensive compared to everywhere else ive looked)

thanks for the opinions
Question
Sep 01 2016
03:06:14 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
You are welcome

In all actuality, the mini doors on the front can be zip tied, not a problem. I purchased the HQ Lrg Sturdy from Suncoast and that has six mini doors (or as I usually call windows) that are zip tied. I understand you are working within a budget and if that second cage fall into your budget then I really think it's the safest way to go for now.

My Lrg Sturdy came with zip ties to use but they can be picked up cheap practically anywhere. I ended up switching mine out for the reusable kind.
Cage opinions?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Cage opinions?