GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Normal Grooming sound?
Normal Grooming sound?
Health related
Sep 01 2016
08:31:18 AM
youtu.be/YGXoKTlUIzc

I know they spit, and this isn't my baby's usual spit sound. Maybe they make more than one spit sound, but just to be sure I'd like other input. I've had him for about 2 months and he only started this sound a few days ago.
Health related
Sep 01 2016
01:24:43 PM
sjusovare Face Hugger Visit sjusovare's Photo Album France 694 Posts
I'd bring him to a vet, it might be an UTI leading him to try to get rid of the pain by biting
Health related
Sep 01 2016
05:03:25 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
have you looked at his rear end, is he intact or neutered?, is he flossing ( masturbating )? is his genitalia stuck out and dry? Is he pooping ok or constipated? Are their any visible wounds? is he a single glider ? if not, how many cage mates and have they fought, has he had a fecal test done ?

We can't guess, based on a noise. There are far to many variables and potential reasons.
Health related
Sep 01 2016
08:26:13 PM
Tiakristin3 Face Hugger Visit Tiakristin3's Photo Album 412 Posts
I agree with the above advice. There are so many reasons that could cause this sound/behavior and I think taking him to the vet is the best option. In the video it appears that something is bothering him and while it may just be something normal like grooming, having a vet take a look at him is the most accurate way of determining what's going on and making sure he is healthy. Wishing you well. Please keep us posted.
Health related
Sep 01 2016
09:33:47 PM
Crazy_Glider Joey Visit Crazy_Glider's Photo Album 14 Posts
I have checked, and there's no SM, he's not flossing, his poop is normal (maybe a bit large), and he doesn't hiss while peeing, so I doubt it's a UTI. He is neutered. But yes it really does seem like he's bothered!

There's no glider vets around my area that I know of, but I live in Worcester county, MA if anyone here knows of any. I'll call around and see if anyone will check him out.
Health related
Sep 01 2016
11:55:32 PM
Health related
Sep 02 2016
08:58:17 AM
Crazy_Glider Joey Visit Crazy_Glider's Photo Album 14 Posts
Yes, both of them. I'll check out the first one since they actually list "pocket pets". Thank you!
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Sep 02 2016
03:59:27 PM
You're welcome. And they even offer a free first exam #128522;
Normal Grooming sound?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Normal Grooming sound?