Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Does anyone have suggestions on picking a cage?
Question
Sep 05 2016
09:46:05 PM
I started Koko in a small cage, but am looking to upgrade her to something larger. I've heard that it's good to get them a tall cage, but just how tall? How widely spaced should the bars be?

I currently only have one, but I do plan to get a second once she's a bit more bonded.

I'm really hoping to keep the price at ~$100 including shipping if it's got to be shipped.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Question
Sep 05 2016
10:13:09 PM
GoonBerryMuffin Starting Member Visit GoonBerryMuffin's Photo Album 4 Posts
I'm fairly new to the sugar glider scene myself, but everything I've read says the taller the better. The two I have came with a cage that's about 32in tall and they do ok in there but I recently built them a new cage using pvc and some plastic coated wire mesh I found. As far as bar spacing most things say half inch spaces but I believe thats for adult gliders. If you have the time/skills I'd say build one, you can build one for much cheaper than buying one (my new one is 2x2x5ft and only cost me around $120 plus a saturday to build). Hope that answers some of your question at least.
Question
Sep 05 2016
10:18:21 PM
Pico Joey 16 Posts
I don't think building one is a great option for me. I am not a very crafty person...plus I have a doberman and I want to be sure whatever I have Koko in is secure and will keep her safe!
Question
Sep 06 2016
09:07:08 PM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
Exotic Nutrition has some good, reasonably priced cages.
Question
Sep 07 2016
02:18:53 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
I buy Midwest's critter nation on amazon or the same cage sold at
petsmart as all things living. if you ever want bigger you can buy a second
one and put the two together into one bigger one.
prices range on sale at $175 to full price about $265.

The other big thing I like about these cages is the door opens up wide for
full access to inside the cage.
inside my photos is a picture of 3 cages combined as one.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders