Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Why isn't my sugar glider eating?
Food, Diet
Sep 08 2016
02:18:44 PM
Hello, I've had my sugar glider, Lucy, for almost two months now and she been doing great! A couple weeks ago, I switched her from the pocket pets diet to a diet on Exotic Nutrition. The diet includes Baby Premium Sugar Glider Diet, HPW instant gravy, and every night, I give her a half slide of an apple, 4 sun flower seeds (in shell), a yogurt drop, and a piece of strawberry or carrot. When I woke up, she didn't touch any of her food and was eating the very last sunflower seed that was available in her change. Her apple and piece of strawberry isn't gone either to where she just nibbled at it a little bit. Any help would be great!
Food, Diet
Sep 08 2016
05:10:10 PM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
Just keep an eye on her, she should start eating soon, especially the gravy.
Food, Diet
Sep 08 2016
05:40:06 PM
Mimichan2000 Joey Visit Mimichan2000's Photo Album MI, USA 15 Posts
But she's had this diet for two weeks and has been eating it perfectly. I don't know why she would eat it now.

Edited by - Mimichan2000 on Sep 08 2016 05:40:37 PM
Food, Diet
Sep 08 2016
10:02:32 PM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
It is not unusual for a glider to go off his feed for a day or two. Could be he senses a change in the weather. It is not necessarily a problem, just watch his energy level and if he doesn't start eating again check with the vet.
Food, Diet
Sep 09 2016
11:12:44 AM
Bossihamham Glider Visit Bossihamham's Photo Album Bossihamham's Journal 195 Posts
It's possible your glider doesn't want to eat the same thing every night.

For your protein the instant mix should be fine. Give her 1 tablespoons of that every night. The baby premium is unnecessary.

Make sure to giver her a wide range of fruits and veggies. Try peaches, melons, pears, mango and things like that. For veggies try spinach, kale, beets, celery, string beans, Bok choy, etc.

I know my gliders get sick of eating the same thing for a while, and sometimes they just aren't very hungry. Sometime they like something 1 day and hate it the next.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders