Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
More or less food? HPW Diet
Food, Diet
Sep 10 2016
10:04:56 PM
I recently (a week ago) switched from PP pellets to OHPW. I give him 1 1/2 teaspoons of the mix with 1 tbsp fruits and 1 tbsp veggies every night now, but he eats it all very quickly and goes back with none left.... I feel bad, but I also don't want him to gain weight. I know they should be leaving some leftover in the morning so you're sure he got enough.
Anyone know if I should give him more of the mix/more fruits and veggies?
Is he just being a piggy?
Food, Diet
Sep 11 2016
12:37:49 PM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
I switched from PP Glider Chow to HPW more than a year ago. My babies have gained weight since the switch, but they are not obese.

He must really like the new diet! He might just need more time to get used to the switch. My babies always eat all their HPW, but often leave some of the fruits and veggies. Some days they don't eat much, I think that is not unusual.

If you are concerned get a digital scale so you can weigh him from time to time. You can leave some PP pellets in the cage for if he needs to snack, or hand feed some treats before he goes to bed.
Food, Diet
Sep 11 2016
07:42:13 PM
Crazy_Glider Joey Visit Crazy_Glider's Photo Album 14 Posts
Would Walmart sell a scale like that?

Thank you for the reply! Anyone else have the same/different HPW experiences?
Food, Diet
Sep 12 2016
02:18:44 AM
Tiakristin3 Face Hugger Visit Tiakristin3's Photo Album 412 Posts
When I first brought my female home I took her to an exotic vet for a check-up. She was eating the pp pellets and was underweight and had a calcium deficiency. We switched to HPW and she gained weight right away and all her tests came back great. She's still a little on the smaller side so I found a great digital scale at Bed Bath and Beyond so I can keep an eye on her weight. I haven't checked Walmart but I would think they would have something similar.
Food, Diet
Sep 12 2016
02:18:50 PM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
I checked Walmart online and they have several scales for less than $20. Look for one that weighs in grams.
Food, Diet
Sep 12 2016
06:47:04 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
critter love has one serving size and if you use wombaroo they have a
different serving size. I think critter love is double. so be sure to
check. Ohpw is healthy stuff, I wouldnt think a little extra would be that bad. but as long as your glider has fruits and veggies they shouldn't starve.
you can get a nice digital scale at walmart $20. female weight is about 100 grams, i have one at 80 and one at 125. males go about 140 average grams

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders