Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Small glider mom
Small glider mom
Research Information
Sep 26 2016
03:24:29 PM
So I know the females are generally smaller than the males but when I received my female Lily I thought she was a little to light in my opinion. She felt very delicate and I can feel her bones. When I took her home I started her on a new diet and she started to gain some weight and her coat and tail looked a million times better than how I got her. But she's soon expecting some joeys and she's still a little thin. I know a fat glider isn't a good one but I want to make sure she's strong and healthy and making sure her and the joeys are getting the nutrients they need. I love my fur babies and I want to make sure they're okay . So any tips on how she can gain a little more weight ?
Research Information
Sep 26 2016
03:46:45 PM
ShyMayahMom Joey 15 Posts
How old is she? And have you weighed her? If she has joeys IP, you probably want to see if there is a modification to the diet you're currently feeding for breeding gliders. Is she a picky or healthy eater? Just based on the fact that her coat is softer/fuller/thicker is a testament to better health, anyway. She may in truth be a tiny lady. Find out where she's at before deciding if she needs to gain. :)
Research Information
Sep 26 2016
05:15:48 PM
Yoda2016 Joey 17 Posts
So great news the baby came oop today when I saw her! But no I haven't weighed her she's quit squirmy when I hold her were still going through the bonding stage but I'd like to say she's maybe 9/10 months old. She use to be on a pellet diet now I have her on a diet I found by The Pet Glider website I forgot what it was called but you maybe right she may just be small
Research Information
Sep 26 2016
06:10:55 PM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
Congratulations on the new joey. I think I have heard that it is acceptable to give extra staple/nectar with new moms.
Research Information
Sep 27 2016
12:24:21 AM
sjusovare Face Hugger Visit sjusovare's Photo Album France 694 Posts
Hello,
You can increase the portions of diet while she's nursing, it might not be strictly necessary but it will ensures she doesnt lack any nutrients
Small glider mom

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Small glider mom