Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
chubbies
chubbies
Food, Diet
Sep 27 2016
06:12:03 PM
Hello I own two gliders for 5 or 6 years now. One of them was always on the smaller side and the other one was always a bit bigger but over the years I think the bigger one has gained some weight. I am worried that she might slowly be getting on the overweight side while the other one stayed small. They are both on the HPW diet and the smaller one actually appears to eat more ( she has a more hyperactive personality). I am not sure how to control the intake of food of one while allowing the other one to eat just as much as she does since they live in the same cage. Any tips. Thx or any tips on how I can get the bigger glider to move around more and get more exercise ( i do let them run around bigger spaces ( supervised of course ) as often as i can)
Food, Diet
Sep 29 2016
01:07:15 PM
Bossihamham Glider Visit Bossihamham's Photo Album Bossihamham's Journal 195 Posts
All I can think of is don't give the chubby glider treats and invest in 2 wheels for your cage.
Food, Diet
Sep 29 2016
03:09:22 PM
ShyMayahMom Joey 15 Posts
I wouldn't necessarily say no treats, as you might cause agression if one gets them but the other doesn't. But maybe give the chunky one regular fruits and veggies as treats instead, and continue giving the smaller one her regular treats. Also, if you feed mealies, pick the fat ones for the skinny one, and the tiny ones for the chunky one. Hand feed treats and mealies vs putting them in a dish.
chubbies

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
chubbies