Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Wont eat
Wont eat
Health related
Sep 29 2016
11:18:30 AM
Hi i have 1 sugar glider and he is 5 months old and i just bought him vita smart high protein for sugar glider it is pellets he wont eat it why plz help
Health related
Sep 29 2016
12:20:46 PM
Emris Joey 31 Posts
Pellets are not a suitable food source for sugar gliders.

You need to start him on a good stable diet like the BML, HPW, or Priscilla price diet. There's more information about these on this site, personally I feed mine the BML, which stands for Burbons Modified Leadbeaters.
Health related
Sep 29 2016
12:46:16 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
I use Ohpw.
its not overly complicated but you have to get wombaroo power or the critterlove version, mix up some liquid and freeze. it lasts for a few weeks depending on how much you make and how many gliders you have.
The recipe then calls out of fruits and veggies on the side, critterlove has a list of some healthy mixes you can make up and freeze.

Once you spend some time on shopping and prep, making up their dinner every night takes just a few minutes.
Health related
Sep 29 2016
01:03:10 PM
sjusovare Face Hugger Visit sjusovare's Photo Album France 694 Posts
The thing is that I'm not sure vitamins/calcium or wombaroo is available in that country, which complicates things a lot when it comes to diet.

Pellets can be used as a snack, but it's not really the main course since pellets are not adapted for gliders' digestive system.

Which country are you from, maybe we can help in finding a substitute diet available for you?
Food, Diet
Sep 30 2016
06:59:45 PM
Manly34azoz Joey 24 Posts
I am from saudi arabia
Health related
Oct 02 2016
10:03:09 AM
sjusovare Face Hugger Visit sjusovare's Photo Album France 694 Posts
It's going to be difficult to find diet products there I think. I'm not sure of the importation restriction there may be.

While waiting to find him a good diet alternative, you can offer him everyday one portion of fruits (no rhubarb and it might be better to avoid grapes as well), one portion of vegetables (except allium familly, so NO onions, leeks...) and one portion of proteins (cooked eggs, boiled chicken,boiled turkey, yoghurt). Try to have more calcium than phosphorus (which requires to check the quantity the fruits vegetable countains) over the course of a week.
You might find acacia gum (arabic gum) over there, in which case you can sprinkle a bit of it on the fruits, they usually like that and it's a complex sugar which they are used to ingest in the wild.

Edited by - sjusovare on Oct 02 2016 10:06:40 AM
Health related
Oct 03 2016
07:35:32 PM
Haley1279 Joey Visit Haley1279's Photo Album 35 Posts
My gliders do not usually eat a lot of pellets. Instead they like fruits and veggies. I use BML
Wont eat

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Wont eat