Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Switching Diets
Switching Diets
Food, Diet
Sep 29 2016
03:04:29 PM
Ok, my babies are 2 6 mos old boys and 1 10 wk old girl. I've been feeding them the OHPW from Pampered Glider as that is what they had been eating prior to coming to me and I wanted consistency as they settled in. They currently eat almost all of the staple. F/V are hit or miss.

So now I want to switch them to Critterlove Complete since we like to travel and it seems to be the most "portable" staple.

My question is on how to get them to switch over. I tried putting some in the cage for a cpl of nights with their OHPW, but it looks like they never even touched it. Just ate their regular OHPW. They also won't touch the frozen CL salad, preferring fressh only over ANYTHING frozen. Since eating the veggies are hit or miss right now, I'm worried about switching cold turkey.

Any suggestions?
Food, Diet
Sep 29 2016
10:03:57 PM
Bossihamham Glider Visit Bossihamham's Photo Album Bossihamham's Journal 195 Posts
Cold turkey may be the best. Gliders are picky. As long as their previous food is in the cage then that's what they are going to eat. They most likely won't eat the critterlove complete for a few days. It'll take time but they should be able to switch.

As for the salad, I think it's great in theory but I don't know of anyone's gliders who actually early it. My glider's won't touch bok choy and only are the corn and peas.

You are better off giving them the ingredients separately and fresh. So instead of them getting everything at once, give them one fruit and veggie they like that's on the salad list. So far it's worked for me.
Food, Diet
Sep 30 2016
12:12:31 AM
sjusovare Face Hugger Visit sjusovare's Photo Album France 694 Posts
It might take a few days for them to switch diet, but healthy gliders won't starve themselves.
Switching Diets

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Switching Diets