Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Concerned about behaviour
Health related
Oct 04 2016
01:54:50 PM
Hi everyone. Quick background: I have two gliders, both around 2 years old. They have been shuffled between Critter Love, GOHPW and OHPW diets in the last year. They are currently on OHPW with extra calcium supplement given by the vet.

They have been on OHPW for about a week now and their behaviour has changed. Pebbles (the girl)'s movements have become a lot more erratic and she seems frightened of every small movement, which is very unlike her. Skittles (the boy - we presume - it has been a bit of a mystery) just sleeps all the time. I wake up about every two hours to check that they are okay and he always seems to be sleeping in his pouch or on his hammock. At first he seemed more lively on the OHPW, but now his movements are becoming a bit more lazy. But he is still alert and climbs the side of the cage every now and then, and his eyes are sparkly and ears upright. He's just not as playful as he used to be.

Both of them also eat very little - at first they ate the OHPW mix and the fruits and veg, then they were much less interested in the fruit and veg, and now they only take a few licks of the HPW and then continue. They mix is eaten throughout the night, but Pebbles used to dominate Skittles and I'm worried she is eating that and he is not getting enough. Most of the fruit and veg remains in the morning.Skittles also isn't interested in yoghurt, which used to be his favourite. He still loves his mealworms to death though. How much do your gliders eat of the OHPW/fruits and veg?

I have seen the vet five times in a span of a week and will be seeing her again next week, but was wondering if anyone has experienced something similar with their gliders and what the possible cause and solution was?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders