Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Question about one of my gliders
Question
Oct 25 2016
11:30:43 PM
Hey guys, I've had my gliders for about 3 or 4 weeks now and one is a boy and one is a girl. I was told both were 8 weeks old but i could tell the boy was a little younger than 8 weeks. They're both doing great and are on the HPW diet.
On to my question:
The boy feels a bit lighter than the girl. The girl also is much stronger and i can feel it through how tightly she holds on to me. Is this normal? Or by now should they both be getting stronger and gaining weight? My boy is also slightly more timid and the girl just jumps straight to me whenever i open the cage. But like i said they both do everything normal gliders should! mostly worried about his weight compared to the girl and also his strength.
Question
Oct 26 2016
05:49:10 PM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
They may or may not be the same age, but they wouldn't necessarily be the same size. You can get a $20 digital kitchen scale that reads in grams and weigh them every few days just to make sure they aren't losing weight.

No two gliders are alike, they each have their own personality just like we do.
Question
Oct 26 2016
06:56:51 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
I agree. every glider we have had is different personnality and different bonding style, different time period to warm up to us.
you can look online but glider wieghts for ADULTS about female 100 grams or more and males up to 160 grams. but your little ones probably are a lot less being so young.
Just keep doing bonding stuff like playroom and bonding pouch, they should come around.
Question
Nov 04 2016
12:20:45 AM
Alaria Sage Starting Member Visit Alaria Sage's Photo Album 9 Posts
I have a question and haven't figured out how to start my own topic.... Do sugar gliders get possessive of thi er owner? 1 of my sugar gliders seems chase another one away from the front of the cage while I'm there and makes a noise that's not quite crabbing but the other one bolts and the one that was making the noises chases? Any thoughts?
Question
Nov 05 2016
04:31:55 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by Alaria Sage

I have a question and haven't figured out how to start my own topic.... Do sugar gliders get possessive of thi er owner? 1 of my sugar gliders seems chase another one away from the front of the cage while I'm there and makes a noise that's not quite crabbing but the other one bolts and the one that was making the noises chases? Any thoughts?

I would think you are feeding them treats from that location, so he is getting possessive of the treat area.
We have one that will sit at bottom of cage, then sometimes chase others away. So we have started feeding treats in different locations of cage. I could be wrong, but we have some bonded to my wife really well, and if she adds more the very bonded ones don't seem to mind the in bra company, just more to sleep together.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders