GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Help me properly introduce my baby male gliders to my females
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 26 2016
05:01:50 PM
Hey everyone

So I'm somewhat new to being a suggie mommie. I have had Lily for around a year before successfully introducing her to her cage mate Coco.

Recently I have got an adorable three month OOP male, named Kuchi.

I have tried to introduce Kuchi to the girls, but they both aggressively attached him. I'm sure they could easily kill him if I house them together, which ofc isn't the case.

He is much smaller in size than the girls, and tries to play with them (calls them, barks, follows their trail) however the minute they respond to his calls (try to bite him) he freezes and does nothing. I let this happen under my watch to observe what's happening today.

Will I ever be able to house them together? Will Kuchi be able to be housed with them once he is bigger? At the moment the thought of them anywhere near him scares me. Lily is the alpha of the two girls, and is also my most bonded glider.

Please do advice as I am relatively new to glider world, and have much to learn. I would like to provide the best I can for these precious lil babies.

Thank you

Sarah
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 26 2016
07:25:59 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
there are several write ups about the proper way to do an introduction.
I can't tell if you are following the write up or not. some of the rules in the write up are very important to follow for a successful introduction.
I have also read from experienced owners that they have had some gliders that just won't bond to others.
A size difference can also make it harder to introduce, as the bigger ones may not except a smaller glider.

I believe getting the SCENT to mix between the pairs, more is better, pouches, fleece patches, etc. Getting a strong scent mixed around between the gliders will get them used to that scent, and make it more likely they will except each other.
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 27 2016
09:33:50 AM
sarah2667 Starting Member 2 Posts
Thank you for your message, I will try that for sure :-)

Do you think they can bond when the male is older and no longer much smaller in size?

Thanks again :-)

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders