Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
My glider always vacant !!
Health related
Oct 27 2016
02:52:20 PM
Hello guys. I get my glider for about 1month now she's about 3month old (start count when she was born) she seems active and healthy till a couple days ago when in the day time she sleeping that normal I knew it but in the night time she not active like before. A couple days lately she's like always vacant or idle and then falls asleep she still eats a lot and has a power when I try to play with her. Now 2.50AM she vacant for 5-6mins and sleep beside me(before this problem happens she always climb and run) I'm worried too much about her pls help.
here is photo of her NOW

English isn't my native and I bad at it sorry about it.
Information
Nov 02 2016
09:48:21 AM
Fluffbuttsmomma Glider Gliderpedia Editor Visit Fluffbuttsmomma's Photo Album FL, USA 122 Posts
one of my boys does that. It seems normal.
Health related
Nov 02 2016
02:33:02 PM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
When they first wake up at night they come out of their pouch and just sit. They wake up slowly. Mine will eat and then go back in the pouch. They aren't active all night. If I turn a light on most of my gliders go back to bed.
Health related
Nov 02 2016
06:46:02 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
My gliders are napping throughout the whole night too (on and off). They get up and eat, then go back to pouch, then up and eat, maybe play a bit, seem to be curious about any activity if I'm in the room if they're up and not eating. Then go back to sleep, also chill in other hangout spots on and off as well.

They can get active when out of cage, curiosity mostly.

Maybe the difference in your glider may be that at first she had a lot to inspect, and now that she is familiar she is chill'n a little more.

What to watch for is changes in eating, poo & pee, drinking extremely large amounts of water &/or drinking water overly frequent. Look for brightness in eyes and over-all perky look, including ears. If all seems normal, than she's just settling in.
Health related
Nov 20 2016
07:54:17 PM
Nevillemom Starting Member 9 Posts
My guy seems to sleep 3 hours and play for about an hour then go back to sleep foreally a bit a lot like a human baby the older he get the longer he stays awake each night and if I take him out during the day he will sleep longer at night his sleep cycle changes with myou work schedule too because I have more time to play with him on weekends as long as he's eating and getting exercise I wouldn't stress about it.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders