Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Gliders fighting? Help!
Gliders fighting? Help!
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Nov 11 2016
11:29:00 PM
Okay so this has gone on for a few days now. I have two females, both two years old. I got them at one years old and they were already bonded to each other. When I got them, they rarely hissed, snapped, or Crabbed at each other (that I am aware of) till now. They like to crawl on my arms and all that when I greet them. I always give each one a treat when I greet them and they love it. Sometimes one doesn't notice that it's about to get a treat and tries to take it from the other one. They each have a food bowl. They have never hissed at each other like this before. Is there something wrong? Help!!!

Edited by - Haley1279 on Nov 11 2016 11:30:51 PM
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Nov 12 2016
08:29:47 AM
Haley1279 Joey Visit Haley1279's Photo Album 35 Posts
Someone? Help?
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Nov 12 2016
01:02:46 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
treat stealing in our cage is very very common. like with every treat time.

if one runs out of mealie and another still has a piece in hand they go for the steal. they dont fight over it, just a quick take away.

here they are lined up for treats, nice and polite until they need a treat from someone next to them.

Joeys, birth, parenthood
Nov 15 2016
07:26:51 PM
Haley1279 Joey Visit Haley1279's Photo Album 35 Posts
About earlier, one of the gliders now seems to be scared to go near her food bowl when the other glider is near. I'm pretty sure they still sleep together, but I'm afraid the scared glider might be hungry. I put her food bowl away from the other glider, and she still seemed to be scared to come out and eat. Help?
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Nov 15 2016
11:42:58 PM
chelseacreature Joey USA 19 Posts
I have been having a similar problem lately with my 4 which is a bonded pair and their two babies which just turned a year old. They never got crabby with each other until I switched their diet recently which they love. One of my baby girls especially wants to hog all the food. The advice I got recently has seemed to help. Make sure you put the food out for them about thirty minutes before its time to wake up in separate feeding stations. As far as treats I usually hand feed them their mealies and stuff and sometimes one will take from the other so I usually will just give out another treat to the one that got taken from. Maybe this will you help some.
Gliders fighting? Help!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Gliders fighting? Help!