Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Runny Poop
Runny Poop
Health related
Nov 22 2016
03:07:57 PM
Okay, so my little man's poop is Runny, and I switched to the BML diet, could it be related to that? Please help, I want the best health for my little man.
Health related
Nov 22 2016
03:59:12 PM
Dalton63841 Glider Visit Dalton63841's Photo Album 51 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by CC12512

Okay, so my little man's poop is Runny, and I switched to the BML diet, could it be related to that? Please help, I want the best health for my little man.

It is probably related to that. Imagine when a person who has never eaten a specific food suddenly decides to have a lot of it. There's a short term where their belly is like "Ahh, WTF!" and then after a bit things go back to normal.

Edited by - Dalton63841 on Nov 22 2016 03:59:35 PM
Health related
Nov 22 2016
04:19:34 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
What exactly has the glider eaten I mean everything, treats, food, everything
Health related
Nov 22 2016
08:47:11 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
If he/she is not eating ( which you said he hasn't eaten since switching to bml) It shouldn't be the food.

Did you follow the recipe exactly ?

What fruits and veg did you feed

what exactly has he eaten ?

Citrus foods can cause runny poo so can medical issues. I can't narrow it down if I don't know what exactly has been fed.
Health related
Nov 22 2016
09:03:06 PM
CC12512 Joey Visit CC12512's Photo Album 10 Posts
No I never said that, he is eating the BML diet, his poop is just runny, and yes I did follow the recipe exactly, im not going to differ from a recipe that is strict, im not like that.
Health related
Nov 22 2016
09:17:31 PM

What has the glider ingested yesterday, and today. There is no way to narrow down the cause if I don't know what he actually ingested. If you don't figure out the cause, you can't make a correction.

Health related
Nov 22 2016
09:20:51 PM
ONLY HIS BML DIET! has he ingested, and yes I see what I, said I PM'ed you again and corrected myself
Health related
Nov 22 2016
09:23:29 PM
Is he eating the bml mix and not the fruits n veg? If he is eating the bml mix and not touching anything else that is ok. He's getting the nutrients FROM the bml some gliders will only eat the bml mix for the first week or two then start eating the fruits n veg.

Health related
Nov 22 2016
09:28:57 PM
He is eating the BML or drinking it rather, cuz it melts fast, but I don't really see him touch his fruits and veggies, but he does eat the BML diet, but he's not eating like all of it, but I remember yall saying he might not eat all of it for a lil while, but he use to eat like a whole slice of an apple, but he's not eating all of the BML, like the apple
Health related
Nov 22 2016
09:35:53 PM
Ok awesome ! If he is eating more than half the bml that is great! I can't remember how old you said he was, but if he's a joey they really don't eat a ton of fruits n veg when they are young. Another thing to look at is, he may be eating more than you think.

Some veg has a skin that they don't like peas, they will eat the middle of the peas but leave the skin so it looks like it's been untouched. Pick some of the fruits n veg up and squish it to see if it's full or empty. Corn is the same way they eat the middle and leave the shell.
Health related
Nov 22 2016
09:38:04 PM
Hes about 8-10 weeks, the guy we got him from said he was 8 weeks, but we've had him about a week now, so about 9 weeks now, and oh that's great to know I will defiantly have to check that out.
Health related
Nov 22 2016
09:45:33 PM
ohhh right ok he's just a youngin it will probably take him a lil while to start eating the fruits n veg they kind of grow into them. Joeys are usually weened from their momma's milk at 7-8 weeks so please keep that in mind he's gone from milk to adult food in a matter of a couple weeks.
Health related
Nov 22 2016
09:56:04 PM
Im honestly not sure how old he is, because he did come from a mill breeder, and he could of told me the wrong age, or didn't wanna tell me the right age, so im also gunna ask the vet, how old do they think he is, but he still seems to act like a joey, so he could be that young.
Runny Poop

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Runny Poop