Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
New suggie Papa from Texas
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Dec 29 2016
07:21:40 AM
Hello y'all! I'm a new papa to 2 sweet girls. Mickie is about 12 weeks OOP, and Minnie is around 10 weeks OOP. I picked them up a couple of weeks ago, and am having a blast with them. Minnie took to me within 72 hrs, climbing on my hand, then my arm, and into my shirt pocket when I showed it to her.
Mickie is taking longer to gain her trust. She crabs in her pouch if she sees my face. But when I give her a treat, and keep my hand in the pouch, she will lower her head, cover her eyes with her tail, and allow me to pet her. She just started coming up to my hand when I hand them their treats out of the pouch. She even started to crawl up my hand on Christmas ... thought better of it ... and backed up, giving me a good bite on the finger tip for good measure. lol She's a biter (has drawn blood 3 times now), where Minnie just nips like she's grooming me. I just keep talking sweetly to both of them, because I know that Mickie will warm up to me soon enough.

Looking forward to a long life with these 2. My wife thinks that they're the cutest things, and our 3-yr old great-granddaughter loves them both. Minnie will let both of them pet her when she's on my arm or pocket, but Mickie still crabs and lunges. They just laugh at her for "being silly".

Looking forward to learning a lot about these sweeties from this forum!
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jan 07 2017
02:14:07 AM
Tiakristin3 Face Hugger Visit Tiakristin3's Photo Album 412 Posts
Congratulations on your new additions!! Wishing you the very best as you continue to bond with your babies. I know you will have many years of joy and wonderful memories together!
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jan 07 2017
08:25:12 AM
TXWolf Joey Visit TXWolf's Photo Album 42 Posts
Thank you! We're loving everything about them.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jan 07 2017
01:51:00 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
Congratulations!!! They can be so much fun! My Lulu was like your Mickie, but she was around 1 yr old when I got her. Mickie will warm up eventually with continuation of your patience and persistence in building a relationship with them. Enjoy!!!!
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Aug 17 2019
08:18:07 PM
CindyK Starting Member 1 Posts
Hi TXWolf,

We are about to pick up two little girls in September, in TX.
How are your cutie pies doing now?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders