Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Is this a weird behaviour?
Health related
Dec 30 2016
11:00:53 PM
Hello , i'm a parent of 2 gliders (both female,3 months old), one is Alice and one is Lyra , i got them 2 weeks ago and i guess i got lucky with the bonding process because they're quite tame already (i pretty much could hold them without them crabbing as long as i approach them slowly in order not to scare them, they approach me when i walk past their cage) . Today i noticed something weird , Lyra (the smaller one) is playing on the wheel at 11:48 in the morning , i wonder if this is okay ? I've heard that gliders who are lonely would be up on daytime in order to search for company (?) but i think that's not the case since they (lyra and alice) get along really well (they're twins). She's not up for long , maybe about 5-10 minutes (she's asleep now) but i'm still worried. On physical appearance she looks very healthy (bright eyes , moist pink nose , good grip , great appetite). Is this behaviour okay?
Health related
Dec 31 2016
08:50:51 AM
sjusovare Face Hugger Visit sjusovare's Photo Album France 694 Posts
It can happen, sometimes they might beup during the day, if something startled them or if they were thirsty.
When it's worrying is if they are sitting in broad daylight doing nothing.
Health related
Dec 31 2016
05:29:43 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
With them being in a new home, their system might be a little off.
I'd think over time they will get into a regular schedule of sleep in the day if the room is lite up like daytime.
Health related
Jan 01 2017
01:05:24 AM
LyraAndAlice Starting Member 2 Posts
Okay thanks for the help :))

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders