Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Wheel
Wheel
Question
Jan 01 2017
06:05:26 PM
I have been looking into a few wheels for gliders. All of them seem good but have a few bad reviews. Some people say that they have had gliders break their backs and get their tails caught in the Wodent Wheel. Anyone have any suggestions on a wheel that worked for you? Thanks!
Question
Jan 01 2017
06:15:56 PM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
Wodent Wheels, apart from being unsafe, are nasty! The glider runs in pee and poo, and you have to take it apart to clean it almost daily.

I have a Stealth wheel, actually 2. Great wheel and they are going to last forever, too.

Raptor and Custom Cruiser are also great wheels.
Question
Jan 01 2017
06:54:17 PM
EvanWantsGliders Starting Member 9 Posts
Thanks. Which one of these would you say is the most quiet? One of the worries of my parents and I is the noise. We would like the quietest but best quality wheel we could find. I appreciate it!
Question
Jan 01 2017
09:38:38 PM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
I would think the three I mentioned are equally quiet. They are definitely better than anything you will find in a pet store because they are hand made one at a time, specifically for sugar gliders.

If you search for videos of gliders in the wheel, you will see that they do not run, they jump!
Question
Jan 02 2017
08:48:24 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
I have 2 Raptor wheels, a fast track wheel and 2 Custom Cruiser wheels. I have 3 cages 1 has an old Raptor, one has a fast track and one has a custom cruiser in them. I use my 2nd custom cruiser in the bathroom for out of cage play.

My preference is the custom cruiser for a few reasons.

1 it's the quietest wheel out of the 3 kinds I have.
2 It's the best quality materials and heavier than the other two
3 you get the wheels fast there is little wait time
4 She stands behind her wheels and their quality.
5 customer service is impeccable, Bourbon Hackworth makes them.

The Raptor wheel is my 2nd fav. However, it can take more than a month to get one sometimes 4 months depending on how backed up the orders are. David Watkins makes them and is very reputable however, not so great at corresponding with customers.

Fast track's are ok and offer different colors than Raptor and Cruisers, however they aren't as of good quality and I've heard ( but not experienced myself ) that their customer service is serious lacking.

My one dislike of the Cruiser is it automatically comes with a floor mount and I prefer wall mounts, however you can request a wall mount. The floor mount will need to be secured to the bottom and wall of the cage with either fleece or zipties.

Having said all that, the reason they automatically come with a floor mount is actually a safety feature of Custom Cruiser. The floor mount ensures the wheel is at least 6 inches off the floor of the cage. Any lower to the floor increases the risk of injuries. So, please keep that in mind no matter what wheel you go with, make sure it's at least 6 inches off the floor even if you go with a wall mount

All 3 of my wheels in use are pretty quiet, but the cruiser I have to literally put a noisy hanging toy above it just barely touching the wheel to even hear that they are using it.

Personally I think the gliders themselves are louder than any of these wheels, especially if they have a bark fest...

If you go with a Cruiser please tell her Carla Sloan sent you

Edited by - Leela on Jan 02 2017 08:57:43 AM
Question
Jan 02 2017
12:40:36 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
I have all Fast Track, but none of the newer Titan models. I have 2 Apollos and one travel size. I got my first FT wheel back in 2012 (with a cage mount) and it's still holding strong, the 2nd wheel I got was a travel size and I got both floor stand and cage mount options for that wheel, but didn't really use the cage mount for the 9" wheel too long, prefer floor stand with that one. Then in 2013 I homed my Ollie, and he came with a Fast Track Apollo with a floor stand (yay, I love having those options!)I do not know how old that one was but I did replace the front rim with RED so to have a different color option (one wheel was green/green and the other green/black). The 9" will fit both the Apollo floor stand and cage mount as well. I can't compare noise level to any other wheel being the one the girls came with was most likely a Raptor that the they chewed up to the point it was dangerous to use. I personally enjoy the pitter-patter sounds of their feet when they're enjoying their wheel, any additional spin noise, I can't say as I don't seem to really notice any annoying sounds, but I have no real other comparisons to go with.

BTW, I cannot complain about CS personally. Sometimes it may take a while with vendors, some are quicker to respond than others. Dallie has always been a pleasure to work with, even when she's busy and it may take a bit of waiting. Believe me, I have bombarded her with numerous questions via/PM over the years about her products before purchasing and I always got a pleasant response, sometimes it may have taken a little longer than others, it's patience on both sides.

Edited by - TJones09 on Jan 02 2017 12:44:22 PM
Wheel

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Wheel